PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 10, 2013) - Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced that MySQL 5.6, Percona Server, MariaDB, and cloud computing will be hot topics at the second annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013, taking place April 22-25, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. The MySQL Conference is now 10 years old, and Percona is pleased to carry on the annual tradition with an information-rich event where participants can reconnect with old friends, meet new friends, encounter new companies and technologies, conduct business, and learn about the evolution of MySQL from 6 keynotes by industry luminaries, 110 breakout sessions led by more than 90 MySQL experts, and 15 in-depth pre-conference tutorials.
This year's event promises to be one of the most exciting, most engaging ever as experts from every corner of the MySQL ecosystem, including Oracle, Monty Program, and Percona, will be presenting their take on the impact of new software releases and the rise of cloud computing. Featured presentations include:
- Matt Aslett, Research Manager, Data Management and Analytics, 451 Research
Keynote Topic: "The State of the MySQL Ecosystem"
- Tomas Ulin, Vice President of MySQL Engineering, Oracle
Keynote Topic: "Driving MySQL Innovation"
- Sunny Bains, Senior Principal Software Engineer, Oracle
Topic: "MySQL 5.6: What's New in InnoDB"
- Dmitri Kravtchuk, MySQL Performance Architect, Oracle
Topic: "MySQL 5.6: Performance Benchmarks, Tuning, and 'Best' Practices"
- Luís Soares, Senior Software Engineer, Oracle
Topic: "MySQL 5.6: Redefining Replication"
- Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO, Percona
Keynote Topic: "Our Ever-Evolving MySQL Ecosystem"
- Stewart Smith, Director of Server Development, Percona
Topic: "Percona Server 5.6"
- Jay Janssen, Consulting Lead, Percona
Topic: "Migrating to Percona XtraDB Cluster"
- Mark Atwood, Vipul Sabhaya, and Jim Cooley, HP
Topic: "Using Percona Server as Database-as-a-Service on OpenStack"
- Monty Widenius and Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist for MariaDB for Monty Program
Topic: "MariaDB 10.0 & What's New With the Project"
- Sergei Petrunia, Optimizer Developer, and Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB, for Monty Program Ab
Topic: "MariaDB Cassandra Interoperability"
- Monty Widenius and Sergei Golubchik, VP Architecture, Monty Program Ab
Topic: "Replication Changes in MariaDB"
- Sergei Golubchik, VP Architecture, Monty Program Ab
Topic: "Storage Engines and Other Plugins: What's New?"
The conference will also offer a Diamond Sponsor Keynote panel on the "Impact of MySQL 5.6 and its Future in the Cloud." Moderated by Terry Erisman, chief marketing officer of Percona, the panel will include MySQL industry leaders Simone Brunozzi, senior technology evangelist at Amazon Web Services; Robert Hodges, CEO of Continuent; Brian Aker, fellow, HP Cloud Division; and Peter Zaitsev, co-founder and CEO of Percona. The discussion will focus on MySQL 5.6 and how MySQL must evolve if it is to remain competitive in the "new world order" of the cloud and big data.
Another exciting event will be "MySQL 5.6 Deep Dive." Led by Oracle's Luís Soares, senior software engineer, Sunny Bains, senior principal software engineer, and Dimitri Kravtchuk, MySQL performance architect, this lively, audience-driven Birds of a Feather discussion will focus on MySQL 5.6 in general, MySQL 5.6 Replication, InnoDB, and MySQL 5.6 performance.
The 2012 conference was widely regarded as one of the best MySQL-focused conferences in years. With sponsorship and speakers from some of the world's most admired brands, the conference was enthusiastically received by more than 1,000 attendees, many of whom praised the breadth and caliber of the sessions. The conference was so popular that Percona added a fourth day to the 2013 conference schedule.
ClearDB, AppDynamics, Jumpmind, Looker and NuoDB join an impressive list of industry leaders committed to sponsoring this year's event. Sponsors become part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 developers, business managers, technology evangelists, database administrators and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 are still available. Sponsors already committed to the event include:
- Diamond Plus: Amazon Web Services, Continuent, HP
- Platinum: GenieDB, Micron Technology
- Gold: Google, Virident
- Silver: Box, ClearDB, Clustrix, Couchbase, ParElastic, Rackspace, Scalebase, SkySQL, Twitter
- Exhibitors: Akiban, Altoros, AppDynamics, Booking.com, Codership, Fusion-io, GreenSQL, Jumpmind, Looker, NuoDB, PalominoDB, Pythian, Sphinx, ScaleArc, ScaleDB, STEC, Tokutek
- Media Sponsors: DaniWeb, Database Trends & Applications, Linux Journal, O'Reilly, Software Developer's Journal, Web and PHP Magazine
Planning to Attend?
Don't miss your opportunity to take part in this dynamic conference. Register today. Single-day passes and exhibit and keynote-only passes are available.
Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013.
Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
April 22-25, 2013
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL Support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.