OTTAWA, ON--(Marketwired - Nov 22, 2016) - Interset CTO and co-founder Stephan Jou will present five real-world case studies on the attacks uncovered by behavior analytics, machine learning, and new approaches to mathematical modeling at the FireEye Cyber Defense Summit Nov. 30, 2016, in Washington, D.C. The event brings together experts in security technology, threat intelligence, and incident response to address the challenges facing businesses and government. The Summit takes place November 28-30 at the Washington Hilton.
Interset is the only security analytics solution that can detect, surface, connect, and offer risk-based prioritization of advanced targeted attacks as they develop inside the network. When combined with FireEye's Threat Analytics Platform, which uncovers perimeter threats, Interset provides new insight into the machines, accounts, and data that are under attack, and delivers fast and accurate incident forensic data to reduce investigation time and cost.
In "Fortifying the Interior with Behavior Analytics: 5 Real World Case Studies" at 1:30 p.m. on Wed., Nov. 30, Jou will address the specific types of attacks Interset's security analytics has identified, including:
- A global manufacturer identifying 11 cases of internal theft, surfaced from billions of log files
- A defense contractor that realized large amounts of classified data were being copied to a portable drive at an unusual time of day
- A life sciences firm which determined that a departing employee anomalously sent out large amounts of data in Gmail attachments
- A pharmaceuticals company observing a user making an unusual domain controller connection and accessing sensitive files
- A media company viewing unusual collaborations from anomalous geographic locations
Detailed explanations will be provided on the feature engineering, mathematical models, visualizations, development techniques, and open source tools being used in these implementations.
"While there are other approaches to identifying the anomalous behaviors that introduce risk to an organization's most sensitive internal data and/or indicate malicious intent, few have been implemented in real-world settings and virtually none over a 2-plus year time period," said Jou. "When combined with FireEye TAP, proven behavior analytics technology is creating important new opportunities for commercial and government customers to proactively surface emerging threats from vast data sets while minimizing the investigative burden on analysts."
FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2016 attendees will learn:
- How to use behavior analytics, machine learning, and math to get real-time, predictive visibility into attack vectors that are penetrating perimeter defenses in attempts to gain control over machines and accounts
- The types of insight gained into applications, machines, accounts, and critical data as they are being targeted
- How to correlate internal enterprise threat predictive analytics with perimeter threat data in the FireEye platform
- How to use this information to better correlate forensic data for incident investigation time and cost
Want to learn more about Interset now? Sign up for an in-depth live webinar on Interset 5: The World's Smartest Security-Analytics Platform to be held Tues., Dec. 13, 2016, at 2 p.m. EST.
Interset provides highly intelligent, accurate insider and targeted outsider threat detection. Our solution unlocks the power of user behavioral analytics, machine learning, and big data to provide the fastest, most flexible, and efficient way for IT teams to operationalize a data-protection program. Utilizing agentless data collectors, lightweight endpoint sensors, advanced behavioral analytics, and an intuitive user interface, Interset provides unparalleled visibility to high risk events. This enables early attack detection and actionable forensic intelligence with reduced false positives and noise. Interset solutions are deployed to protect critical data across the manufacturing, life sciences, high-tech, finance, government, aerospace and defense, and securities brokerage industries.
For more information, visit Interset.com and follow us on Twitter @intersetca.