LOS ALTOS, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 16, 2013) - Box today unveiled Box Notes tm, a new way to securely capture and share ideas across teams and businesses in real-time. Box Notes provides a clean, simple and lightweight editing interface that makes it easy to quickly create content and facilitate collaboration directly on Box. Box is currently accepting sign-ups for a limited private beta (www.box.com/notes).
"From day one, our mission has been to make it incredibly easy to store and share information," said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. "As business becomes increasingly fast-paced, fluid and mobile, the very nature of information is changing, and the tools businesses use to capture that information need to evolve. To unlock the collective knowledge of organizations, Box needs to not only be a place where people can store and share content, but also a place where they can create and capture ideas in real-time across teams."
Today, more than 20 million individuals and 180,000 businesses, including Discovery Communications, Procter & Gamble, and AutoTrader Group collaborate using Box. Businesses now have a tool to instantly capture and share ideas across teams. Notes content is available immediately to an existing network of collaborators, where it is conveniently filed alongside related documents and securely stored in Box's enterprise-grade cloud. Because Box Notes is native to Box, where users' business content and collaborators already exist, information sharing is incredibly relevant, immediate and secure.
Box Notes has a number of unique features, including:
- Real-Time Concurrent Editing: Collaborate in real-time on a Box Note with your network of collaborators.
- Collaborator Presence/Note Heads: See who's collaborating on a Box Note in real-time with a user profile picture that follows your cursor in the left hand side of the screen, letting your colleagues easily see where you're working in the Box Note.
- In-Line Toolbar and Annotations: Select text to leave edits or hyperlink to other content on Box.
- Comments: Leave feedback within a note.
- Share a Box Note: Easily generate a link to your Box Note for sharing with other collaborators.
- Security: Box Notes is built on Box, providing sophisticated data encryption, advanced account settings and global controls for managing content access.
Box Notes will soon debut additional capabilities, including:
- Mobile: Box Notes for mobile, including integrations with Box for iOS and Android.
- Rich Media Embeds: The ability to easily drop in rich media such as videos, images and audio.
- Version History: Instantly revert to a previous iteration of a Box Note.
- Offline Editing: Update a Box Note and changes will be automatically synchronized the next time a user connects online.
Want to get started with Box Notes? Sign up for early access to our limited private beta: www.box.com/notes.
Box's mission is to make businesses of all sizes more productive, competitive, and powerful by connecting people and their most important information. Content on Box can be securely shared and easily accessed on the web, through iOS, Android and Windows Phone applications, and extended to partner applications, such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Los Altos, CA, Box is privately held and backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners, as well as by strategic investors salesforce.com, SAP Ventures and Intel Ventures. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.