NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Nov 8, 2012) - QFive, a free social platform for the athletic community, today released its platform and mobile application, which provides a network to connect athletes, fans, alumni and coaches to the sports they're involved in and care about the most. The platform enables users to quickly create their own "athletic profile" -- as an athlete, fan, coach or sports program. Using the QFive iPhone app, people can share their own unique media and capture behind-the-scenes sports moments.
"Technology is changing how people consume sports content, while social media gives people the opportunity to connect quickly and easily," said Daniel Fisher, cofounder of QFive. "With QFive, people can showcase themselves as an athlete, fan, coach, or sports program to a sports centric audience and a community they might not have otherwise been able to reach previously."
QFive's community spans the breadth and depth of the sporting world. Early members include John Calipari, the head coach of the University of Kentucky's men's basketball team, lacrosse star Max Seibald, Bergen Catholic, a top 10-rated high school football program in the US, several Division I basketball programs and more than 10 2012 Olympians.
"QFive is the new social platform for sports," said Calipari. "Athletes, coaches and fans alike can come together and connect with each other in a deeper way than ever before. For the Big Blue Nation, this is a chance to bring us together as a family. Athletes can show their workouts, coaches can share their practices, and fans can capture and post some of their favorite moments with QFive. I know our players, our fans, our former players, coaches and alumni will all join in to take this thing to the next level."
Key features include:
- Get the latest news and media from the athletes, coaches, programs and sports topics
- Allows amateur athletes to create their own "sports profile" highlighting their skills, abilities and performances through videos and other media
- Provides coaches with a venue to discover and share workouts, drills and game highlights
- Offers unique behind-the-scenes content, from training videos to team practices
- A free mobile iPhone app to capture and upload unique video content, which can be shared instantly to Facebook and Twitter
- Private team pages to connect players and provide coaches with one easy-to-use place to do everything from share game tape and important team updates to post practice schedules
"Previously, only major networks used to be able to film sports and now, anyone with a camera can be a content creator," said Josh Grosbard, cofounder of QFive. "QFive's mobile app gives fans, athletes and coaches an opportunity to go behind the scenes and share that experience with everyone -- from practice highlights to 'can't miss' game highlights."
QFive is a free social platform that connects athletes, fans, coaches and programs to their sports world. It enables athletes and coaches to build "their sports brand," fans to keep up with the programs they are interested in and athletic programs to keep their members, fans and alumni informed and engaged. QFive was founded in 2012 and is based in New York. For more information, visit http://www.qfive.com/.