GATINEAU, QUÉBEC--(Marketwired - May 15, 2014) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada is providing Rendez-vous naval de Québec with $248,000 in funding for its 2014 programming, which will mark the 100th anniversary of the First World War and the 70th anniversary of the Normandy Landings.
The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, and Member of Parliament (Roberval-Lac-Saint-Jean), made the announcement today on behalf of the Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages. The Government of Canada is providing this support under the Commemorate Canada program of the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- The activities will be held from June 12 to 15, 2014, at the Old Port of Québec.
- Themed "70 ans plus tard, l'Europe débarque à Québec" ("70 years later, Europe lands in Québec City"), the event will have a number of Canadian and foreign warships on display.
"The Government of Canada undertook to commemorate major historical events from Canada's past. Through the activities organized at the 2014 Rendez-vous naval de Québec, Canadians will have a chance to learn more about the contribution Canadians made to the First World War and the Normandy Landings."
-The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
"Canada is a nation proud of its military history and recognizes the importance of transmitting this heritage from one generation to the next. I encourage you to come one, come all to this event to honour those who, by their sacrifice and dedication, contributed to the advancement and identity of our country."
- The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, and Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec
"I am deeply grateful for the support and assistance you have offered us. My team and I are very motivated and enthusiastic about making this event commemorating the First World War and the Normandy Landings a great success."
-Jacques Beauchesne, Manager of Rendez-Vous naval de Québec
- Rendez-vous naval de Québec
- 100th anniversary of the First World War
- 70th anniversary of the Normandy Landings
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flickr.