SOURCE: Industry Standard Research
CARY, NC--(Marketwired - Feb 19, 2014) - Industry Standard Research (ISR) today announced the release of a new market research report titled "Brain Cancer (Glioblastoma Multiforme): Disease and Pipeline Analysis," offering the biopharmaceutical industry an in-depth overview of the current glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market and an analysis of the significant opportunities that exist for effective new therapies.
"While GBM is the most common and most aggressive form of primary malignant brain tumor, it affects 240,000 patients globally each year, qualifying it as an orphan or rare disease," explained Andrew Schafer, President of ISR. "Finding effective treatments for GBM offers pharmaceutical companies of all sizes a substantial opportunity. Currently there are only a few treatments, their impact on survival rate is minimal, and the orphan drug designation provides an extended patent exclusivity period."
ISR's GBM report provides:
- A thorough disease overview, including a discussion of symptoms, prognosis/survival, incidence, and risk factors
- Commercial rationale for drug manufacturers, including the lack of effective therapies, current treatment options, orphan disease status, and an active development field
- Insight into trial, recruitment, regulatory, and pricing/reimbursement environments for seven major and five emerging markets
- An in-depth examination of both Early and Late Phase clinical development pipelines, R&D trends in the treatment of GBM, and recent late stage failures
- A top-line analysis of on-going and recently completed GBM trials
"With this report, sponsors can identify how products in their pipeline could compete in this market, uncover strategic development opportunities, plan global clinical trial and market access strategies, and assess the competition with a full analysis of companies participating in this market," Schafer explained.
More information about ISR's "Brain Cancer (Glioblastoma Multiforme) Disease Pipeline Analysis" report is available on its website: http://www.isrreports.com/product/brain-cancer-glioblastoma-multiforme-disease-pipeline-analysis/.
To support the launch of its new report, ISR has published a free infographic on the GBM market. The infographic quantifies the disease's impact, discusses current treatment options, as well as provides an overview of the current GBM pipeline. The infographic is free and is available on ISR's website: http://www.isrreports.com/free-resources/brain-cancer-glioblastoma-multiforme-profile-drug-development/.
About Industry Standard Research
Industry Standard Research is the premier, full service market research provider to the pharma and pharma services industries. With over a decade of experience, ISR delivers an unmatched level of domain expertise. For more information about our off-the-shelf intelligence and custom research offerings, please visit the company's Web site at www.ISRreports.com, email info@ISRreports.com, or follow us on Twitter @ISRreports.