OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 25, 2014) - Department of Canadian Heritage
Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, announced today The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet Canadian youth, volunteers, and industry leaders making a difference in their communities, hear the stories of Canadian war brides and veterans from the Second World War, celebrate the centenary of Winnipeg's much loved export Winnie the Pooh, and much more during the 2014 Royal Tour to Canada.
The Royal Tour will also include special ceremonies-such as the official welcome to and departure from Canada-that are full of colour and tradition: full military honours, including a 21-gun salute, and an inspection of the Guard of Honour.
Quick Facts - Highlights of the Tour
- Official Welcome to Canada and Nova Scotia at the Grand Parade in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Victoria Day on May 19
- Tour of Hector Heritage Quay-A Celebration of Celtic Appreciation Month in Pictou, Nova Scotia, on May 19
- Fireworks, music, and performances to celebrate Victoria Day and the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference, which paved the way to Confederation in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, on May 19
- Visit to Cornwall United Church in Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, on May 20
- Joining children at the Stevenson Hangar as they learn about the principles of flight, rockets, satellites and more in Winnipeg Manitoba on May 21
- Visit to the International Polar Bear Conservation Centre at the new "Journey to Churchill" exhibit at the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg on May 21
- Taking part in the Order of Manitoba Investiture at the Manitoba Legislature in Winnipeg on May 21
"Highlighting Canadian achievement-past, present, and future-will be front and centre on this Royal Tour. In addition to celebrating Victoria Day and marking the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference in Prince Edward Island, Their Royal Highnesses will participate in activities that showcase special communities, individuals, and groups from all across the country."
-Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
- Outline Program of the Royal Tour 2014
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchAndCommonwealth/Canada/Royalvisits.aspx (English only)
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.