SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwire - Nov 29, 2012) - Ivar's today unveiled its special event line-up and gift card offer for the 2012 season, helping Puget Sound residents reel in the magic of the holidays. Special activities will take place now through the end of December, and range from the annual Ivar's Clam Lights display in Renton, to waterfront dining with a view of The Argosy Christmas Ship™ festival, evening dining entertainment, family photos with Ivar's Santa Clam and much more. Complete details are included below, and a schedule is available at Ivars.com.
In addition to the special events, gift-givers can make their clams go further during the holiday season by purchasing Ivar's gift cards. For every $25 gift card purchased, diners receive an additional $5 gift card -- $100 worth of gift cards, works out to $120 in delicious Ivar's fare. Gift cards are available online, free shipping included, at Ivars.com/giftcards or may be purchased at any of Ivar's full-service restaurants or Seafood Bars throughout the region (excluding stadium locations). They may be redeemed at the full-service or Seafood Bars restaurants.
Whether shopping or celebrating, Ivar's complete seasonal event rundown includes:
- Get dazzled at the 19th annual Ivar's Clam Lights at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park in Renton (1201 Lake Washington Boulevard N.). Park greenery, holiday scenes and Ivar's famous Dancing Clams are covered in thousands of twinkling lights for public viewing. The official lighting ceremony takes place Friday, Nov. 30 at 6:15 p.m., and the display then runs nightly from 5 - 9 p.m. through Jan. 1. Clam Lights is free and open to the public. Ivar's Santa Clam will make a special evening appearance.
- Behold the Christmas Ships at Ivar's Salmon House at North Lake Union (401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle). One of the best spots for viewing The Argosy Christmas Ship™ festival is found at Ivar's Salmon House, where diners can watch the boats float by in spectacular fashion. The ships officially set sail Saturday, Dec. 1 at approximately 8:30 p.m., then sail nightly leading up to a big Parade Finale on Sunday, Dec. 23 at approximately 9:45 p.m. Reservations are encouraged. Call 206-632-0767 or book online.
- Strike a pose with Ivar's Santa Clam at Ivar's Acres of Clams (Pier 54, 1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle). Ivar's famous Dancing Clam will be transformed into Santa Clam, complete with holiday garb, for children and families to snap a holiday photo. All photos will be posted on Ivars.com for free digital download -- perfect for holiday cards. Santa Clam appears on three Saturdays on Dec. 8, 15 and 22, from 12 - 3 p.m.
- Usher in 2013 at the Salmon-chanted New Year's Eve Party at Ivar's Salmon House at North Lake Union (401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle). Ivar's special party package invites revelers to ring in the New Year while enjoying spectacular waterfront views (including Space Needle fireworks!), dancing and clamtastic entertainment alongside a luxurious dinner buffet, party favors, two drink tickets and a complimentary glass of bubbly. The event takes place New Year's Eve, Monday, Dec. 31 beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are $75 per person and reservations are required. Call 206-632-0767 to book or visit IvarsNewYears.brownpaperticket.com.
- Enjoy live Barbershop Quartet music at Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (710 Front Street, Mukilteo). Unwind for the weekend and enjoy fine seasonal dining while taking in the sounds of Mukilteo's-own award-winning Kamiak High School Barbershop Quartet. It's pure holiday glee! Performances take place Fridays and Saturdays, Dec. 14 and 15 and Dec. 21 and 22 from 6 - 7:30 p.m. Reservations are encouraged by calling 425-742-6180 or online.
Ivar's Seafood Restaurants began on Seattle's waterfront in 1938. Today, there are 25 Ivar's fast casual Seafood Bars and three full-service restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Ivar's Seafood, Soup and Sauce Company markets and sells its award-winning soups, chowders and sauces both nationally and internationally. The company also operates regional stadium concessions including Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field and KeyArena. Learn more at www.ivars.com.