Ivory Energy Inc.

Ivory Energy Inc.

August 07, 2008 11:12 ET

Ivory Energy Inc.: West Central Alberta (Obed) Gas Well Update

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Aug. 7, 2008) - Ivory Energy Inc. (TSX VENTURE:IV) announces that further to our May 20, 2008 news release, the discovery gas well at Obed, Alberta is currently being pipelined and is expected to be on production by the end of August. Ivory initially had a 10% working interest in the gas well and has finalized a farm-in agreement for an additional 4% for a total of 14% working interest in this gas well at no additional cost to Ivory. This sweet gas zone flowed 11.3 mmcf of natural gas over a 48 hour test (averaging 5.46 mmcf/day) with peak rates of 10.5 mmcf/day. There was no discernable pressure depletion in the well at the end of the test. Ivory's operator has delivered an independent notice of operations to Ivory and commenced drilling a development well offsetting the discovery gas well. Ivory has a 20% working interest in this offset well.

Ivory has stabilized oil and gas production, primarily from its Saskatchewan properties, and during July, sales were 610 boepd and expected to increase due to the commencement of the well restarting program. July sales had an estimated wellhead oil price of $96 per barrel.

Ivory Energy Inc. is primarily a heavy oil producer in Saskatchewan that is developing its oil properties and reserves through low risk re-completions, workovers, infill drilling, and enhanced oil recovery methods. Ivory currently has an inventory of over 50 infill and step-out locations to drill on its Saskatchewan properties.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not take responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information