VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 20, 2012) - The holiday season could be extra jolly for lottery players with an estimated $50 million jackpot and an estimated two MAXMILLION prizes of $1 million each up for grabs on Friday's LOTTO MAX draw.
It has been a very exciting year for LOTTO MAX players, with Friday's draw being the 21st draw of 2012 where the jackpot prize pool has been at least $50 million. Throughout 2012, LOTTO MAX players in B.C. have won more than $191 million in prizes, including four major jackpots. Will you be next?
LOTTO MAX FACTS:
- Seventeen $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpots won in Canada since 2009.
- LOTTO MAX players in B.C. have won more than $426 million since the game launched in 2009.
- Most recent LOTTO MAX jackpot won in B.C. was $25 million in November 2012.
- Odds of winning a jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are 1:28,633,528.
- Draws held every Friday night.
- A $5 ticket features three chances plus any MAXMILLIONS.
- Tickets can be purchased until 6 p.m. (PT) on the day of the draw.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- When the LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 million, prizes of $1 million MAXMILLIONS are added.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION prize.
- The number of MAXMILLION winners in B.C. to date: 59
Prize winners have 52 weeks from the draw date printed on their ticket to come forward to claim their prize.
The specific retail locations where a winning lottery ticket was purchased will be announced after a winner has come forward to claim their prize. We cannot release the name of the lottery winner before they have come forward to claim their prize.
LOTTO MAX can be played at any Lotto or Lotto Express retailer or at www.PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found at www.bclc.com following each draw.