SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 18, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- J. C. Penney Company, Inc. ("jcpenney") will implement a complete, open and integrated suite of Oracle Retail solutions to streamline operations and improve the cross-channel customer experience as the company transforms its retail operations on a journey to become America's Favorite Store.
- jcpenney will use Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management, Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization, Oracle Retail Supply Chain Planning and Execution, and Oracle Retail Stores solutions to simplify processes, reduce layers and equip business teams to better shape assortments and respond faster to customer preferences.
- To help drive performance throughout the business, jcpenney will implement Oracle Retail Merchandising Analytics, a next-generation business intelligence application that provides merchants and planners with real-time, mobile insight to item and category performance, including key metrics such as inventory position, sales, stock ledger, cost, forecast and promotions.
- The Oracle Retail implementation builds on jcpenney's existing deployment of Oracle Commerce, Oracle Database and several components of Oracle Fusion Middleware as well as the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications and Oracle Hyperion Performance Management applications.
- Oracle Retail applications help retailers connect and improve the cross-channel customer experience, optimize retail operations and equip associates with immediate, mobile-enabled access to accurate insights regarding customers and the business.
- "In order to become America's Favorite Store, jcpenney must simplify our processes and our technology infrastructure to deliver the best possible customer experience. A critical step on this journey is providing our team with better access to the information they need to make strategic business decisions, drive performance and exceed customer expectations. Working with Oracle, we will achieve our goal," said Ron Johnson, CEO, jcpenney.
- "We need an IT foundation that delivers real-time, mobile access to accurate information throughout the organization," said Kristen Blum, Chief Technology Officer, jcpenney. "We selected Oracle based on its deep retail functionality and the fact that it is proven to handle the volumes of transaction, customer and business data generated by a large organization. Together, we will deploy modern merchandising, planning, supply chain and store systems to help us deliver a seamless and engaging customer experience."
- "By continuing to simplify and modernize its technology with Oracle, jcpenney can support the transformation of its business and focus on innovation that drives better results," said Mark Hurd, president, Oracle.
- "By selecting Oracle Retail, jcpenney is gaining a valuable resource to help them optimize operations and equip the business with actionable insights to drive performance and improve the customer experience," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.