MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 6, 2014) - JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) today announced Frost & Sullivan, an independent global research firm, has presented its 2014 Global Market Leadership Award in Fiber Optic Test Equipment to JDSU. This recognition acknowledges how best-in-class companies worldwide manage growth, innovation, and leadership.
Over the years, Frost & Sullivan issued similar awards to spotlight JDSU for demonstrating fiber optic test worldwide leadership.
The increased momentum of LTE/4G deployments, mobile app downloads, online gaming, and streaming video continues to cause unpredictable bandwidth demands on networks facing the fast pace of technology change. The role of fiber optic networks -- including reliability, high capacity, fast speeds, and efficiency -- is critical as a popular technology among service providers to enable future mobile and broadband services and applications.
This year, JDSU's fiber optic network and service enablement portfolio features test solutions highly acclaimed by Frost & Sullivan for offering complete end-to-end solutions that address the entire fiber network lifecycle. JDSU fiber optic test technology tests and qualifies optical components and subsystems from the beginning of life at the manufacturing stage to the installation, maintenance and service assurance of fiber networks in the field, including 40G and 100G networks.
"Frost & Sullivan's independent analysis of the global Fiber Optic Test Equipment market clearly shows that JDSU demonstrated proven expertise, market leadership, and a significant edge over the competition especially in portable platform-based test equipment and fiber inspection probes," said Sujan Sami, industry manager at Frost & Sullivan. "JDSU's fiber optic test leadership was won by identifying key technological advancements, leveraging a strong product portfolio, and showing a commitment to enhancing existing products with upgrades and new product introductions in close collaboration with prominent customers."
Highlights of JDSU's fiber optic test innovation and leadership noted by Frost & Sullivan:
- The highly competitive nature of the global Fiber Optic Test Equipment market is a key challenge for market participants. With several companies operating in this market, addressing end users' increasing bandwidth concerns and developing products highly differentiated from each other is difficult; therefore, companies must develop and offer innovative fiber optic solutions.
- JDSU has addressed the key end-user challenges and gathered a significant segment of the market. JDSU's robust line of fiber optic products and unwavering focus to improve existing product lines underscores JDSU's effective strategic approach to enhance customer asset value and broaden their capability.
- Frost & Sullivan research shows that JDSU has unique visibility into the optical component value chain and the network life cycle to stay ahead on new technologies (100G/400G), interconnect with their customers earlier, and develop highly innovative products.
- JDSU's business objective includes continuously driving innovation and offering a wide variety of products to end users, which in Frost & Sullivan's opinion drives best-in-class results.
JDSU fiber optic test solutions profiled in Frosts & Sullivan's analysis include:
- The first cloud-enabled cable and antenna analyzer, which efficiently performs tests on radio frequency (RF) as well as fiber cables. With extended capabilities of fiber inspection and optical power measurements, the company has successfully "redefined the cell-site testing landscape."
- Versatile and robust test platforms that address Ethernet service activation and fiber backhaul challenges through its modular, multifunction capabilities, performing more than 100 test applications. JDSU introduced the most compact test set for wavelength division multiplexing (WDM), which optimizes field operations.
- To address the surge in the popular fiber test tool OTDR, or optical time domain reflectometer, JDSU OTDR test solutions were enhanced with a field installable software application to simplify and speed up field operation across FTTA and FTTH networks. "Frost & Sullivan finds that (SLM) minimizes errors and delivers authentic OTDR pass/fail results without having to fully understand or interpret OTDR data."
- JDSU enhanced its Remote Fiber Test Solution with OTDR modules combining new optical technology with sophisticated software algorithms, enabling precise measurement linearity with 50 % improved fault detection.
- Multiple Application Production test portfolio enables design, manufacture and successful deployment of high speed 40G/100G networks including flexible grid WDM systems with new optical spectrum analyzer (OSA) technology.
For more information about JDSU fiber optic network and service enablement solutions, please click here or visit www.jdsu.com/go/getfibersmart.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on JDSU Perspectives, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.