LONDON--(Marketwire - Jul 16, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced its switching and routing technology has been deployed by TMX Atrium. This will provide flexibility, low latency and high-speed 24/7 connectivity to financial services organizations. TMX Atrium deployed Juniper Networks® QFX3500 Switches in its network to distribute market data more quickly and reliably, reaching up to 1.6 gigabits per second, the equivalent of downloading one movie over the Internet every eight seconds.
TMX Atrium, with presence in 12 countries across North America and Western Europe, chose Juniper's robust, fast, highly accessible and secure network with the ability to offer connectivity to 27 major trading venues and expand into new geographies. The service provider locates its Points of Presence (POPs) in data centers where there are large trading venues and consequently large liquidity pools. Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers support new POPs in new geographies and help TMX Atrium meet its customers' future requirements and exchange data feeds.
Juniper Networks technology, underpinned by the Junos® operating system, has been deployed at the edge, as a client device, and at the core of its network. EX Series Ethernet Switches and SRX Series Services Gateways are deployed at the core of the network and additional EX Series switches are used at the edge, where they deliver up to several hundred megabits per second for clients wanting to use multicast.
- Juniper Networks enables TMX Atrium's clients to consume ever-increasing amounts of market data faster and easier and support multicast delivery.
- Juniper Networks provides a low-latency and scalable network that meets the stringent demands of global financial market participants. TMX Atrium helps its customers to future-proof their connectivity by offering a network that can scale up to 100Gbps.
- Juniper Networks solutions enable TMX Atrium to offer its clients best-in-class, innovative technology at a competitive price.
- TMX Atrium increased network simplicity using Juniper Networks equipment running on the Junos operating system across the backbone of its network infrastructure.
- Junos enables the customer's operations team to support its clients more easily and effectively, reducing operational costs and maximizing customer satisfaction.
"Juniper Networks' switching technology has enabled us to provide even better customer service. Our clients have confidence in our ability to deliver low-latency as well as 24/7 connectivity, and Juniper Networks provides the extreme reliability and availability our clients need at a low operational cost."
-- Emmanuel Carjat, managing director, TMX Atrium
"The new TMX Atrium network will help the company turn new product features and functionality into new client offerings and bring them quickly and seamlessly to market. The implementation of the Junos OS will deliver operational simplicity and make it much easier for TMX Atrium's operations team to support its clients."
-- Mike Marcellin, vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFX3500 are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.