SUNNYVALE, CA --(Marketwired - November 03, 2016) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, has been selected by MÁSMÓVIL, the fourth largest convergent services mobile operator in Spain with more than four million customers, to build a converged multi-service network for its next-generation network services. The new network will allow MÁSMÓVIL to efficiently expand its service offerings (fixed, mobile, asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL), fiber and data center) to multiple segments (residential, enterprise and carriers) powered by a single high-performance IP infrastructure.
MÁSMÓVIL is evolving from a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) to a fully-integrated operator through a targeted M&A strategy (recent acquisitions of Yoigo and Pepephone are now being integrated into its business), and, as a result, they are one of the fastest-growing service provider in Spain. MÁSMÓVIL's strategy is to have the most price- and quality-competitive offerings in the market, ensuring the highest customer satisfaction. Juniper's solution was selected because it offered maximum performance, reliability and a consistently exceptional end-user experience.
- The new backbone network is comprised of Juniper Networks® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers, including the MX960, MX480 and MX104, an innovative portfolio of edge routers that provides industry-leading system capacity, density, and performance that enables enterprises, service providers and cloud operators to thrive in an always-on, always connected digital world.
- MÁSMÓVIL's new network will simplify the integration of future infrastructure additions into its growing business through its use of open standards-based elements like the MX Series.
- Juniper has been chosen by MÁSMÓVIL based on its proven ability to deliver a first-class services platform that can scale with long-term business growth and sustain high levels of reliability and performance.
- Juniper's local integration partner Sistemas Avanzados de Tecnologia S.A. (SATEC), a Spanish multinational technology integrator specializing in advanced IT solutions and services, supported this project by providing design, installation, integration, migration, training and maintenance for the Juniper solution.
"MÁSMÓVIL's network implementation demonstrates how technology can help provide a true business advantage. Juniper is pleased to support MÁSMÓVIL's business transformation and technology foundation and is committed to helping MÁSMÓVIL accomplish its strategic objectives through superior technology and long-term support."
- Arturo Sotillo, general manager Spain, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owner.