February 22, 2011 08:00 ET
Kalido Expands Management Team to Accelerate Growth in Data Governance Solutions
Allen Johnson, Former Gartner Analyst, Joins as VP of Marketing and Channels, While Winston Chen Takes on New Role as Chief Technology Officer
BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwire - February 22, 2011) -
- Johnson's experience will enable him to accelerate Kalido's market penetration and channel adoption
- Chen responsible for long-term technology direction and strategy in addition to services
Kalido, the leading independent provider of data governance solutions, today announced changes to its management team that will enable the company to fully capitalize on the momentum it has built around data governance and business-driven information management software. Allen Johnson, most recently a research director at Gartner, has joined Kalido as vice president of marketing and channels. In addition, Kalido's vice president of strategy and business development, Winston Chen, will take on the new role of chief technology officer.
Focus on Delivering Customer Value
Johnson will report directly to Bill Hewitt, president and CEO, and will have responsibility for all marketing and channel functions worldwide. Johnson brings with him unique experience: As a vendor, he successfully crafted effective strategic alliances to deliver technology solutions to market; as an analyst his extensive experience advising clients on the use of technology led to improved business results. His combined experience provides a unique lens through which to align Kalido's portfolio with business needs and create a solution delivery channel that accelerates value for clients.
Johnson's most recent research and advisory work with Gartner focused on organizational development of people and processes to improve business results through effective capture and management of traditional and emerging information -- critical areas of importance to the business process of data management. Prior to Gartner, Johnson was with AMR Research where he drove the research agenda on digital information and its impact on supply chain processes for the manufacturing industry.
Before joining AMR, Johnson served as director of strategic industry initiatives for IDS Scheer, a leader in business process management, where he was responsible for the strategy, execution and revenue growth of strategic investments and alliances with global software and management consulting firms. Before IDS Scheer, Johnson held a number of sales, marketing and industry business development roles over a twelve-year period at HP.
Maintaining Technological and Thought Leadership
Winston Chen's new role as chief technology officer formalizes his responsibility for shaping Kalido's long-term technology direction. Chen will also use his significant experience as a services leader to oversee Kalido's professional services organization, expanding the company's services offerings to include data governance consulting, ensuring customer success across the customer portfolio.
Bill Hewitt, president and CEO of Kalido, said:
- "Kalido is filling a critical gap in the data management market by delivering comprehensive data governance solutions. Allen will be an invaluable asset in articulating the business value for data governance, as well as helping our partners build out their rapidly growing data governance practices. Winston has been a driving force behind our data governance strategy, and in his new role he will play a leadership role as we engage with customers and assist them in their data governance journey. These moves will position Kalido for even greater success as we lead the market for data governance."
Allen Johnson, vice president of marketing and channels at Kalido, said:
- "In my conversations with clients and customers, I've seen repeatedly how business processes suffer from a lack of good data, negatively impacting productivity and business performance. Kalido is uniquely positioned to lead the market in a new way -- addressing the intersection of process, data and organization. I'm looking forward to enabling more customers to truly manage data as an enterprise asset."
Winston Chen, chief technology officer at Kalido, said:
- "Governance is more than managing data; it pulls together data, process and organization to holistically treat data as a shared enterprise asset. Kalido has taken a leadership position in this new market, and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to continue to work with our customers and help them define their data governance vision."
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.