SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 28, 2011) - Data Governance and Information Quality Conference
- Kalido, the leading independent provider of data governance solutions, announced today a new product bundle that enables business process owners to improve efficiency through master data governance.
- Designed specifically for organizations just beginning their master data management (MDM) efforts, the new offering improves time to business value through better alignment of the master data produced and consumed by the business processes.
- Kalido® Data Governance Director™ enables companies to establish master data policies that can be incorporated into specific systems by their IT partners, through drag-and-drop interfaces that improve business process owner productivity.
- Kalido® Master Data Management™ provides the ability to create collaboration capabilities that enable business and IT people to continuously improve the quality of the master data in specific repositories.
- According to Gartner, "Through 2015, 66 percent of organizations that initiate an MDM program will struggle to demonstrate the business value of MDM." Moreover, "if IT departments initiate an MDM initiative, they often struggle to get the business on board and to demonstrate the business value of MDM, particularly if there are no business-process-oriented metrics and financial quantifications to define and measure success... To succeed, MDM needs a major focus on governance, organization and process."1
Delivering Business Value through MDM, the First Time
- For companies new to MDM, Kalido's master data governance offering generates business value by aligning the MDM program directly with business-process-oriented metrics and financial quantifications.
- Comparing compliance metrics to KPI trends measurably improves the outcomes of business processes by enabling organizations to identify patterns and take corrective action sooner.
- Kalido's master data governance offering is available immediately and bundles Kalido Data Governance Director and Kalido Master Data Management into a single solution.
- In its "Hype Cycle for Master Data Management, 2010," Gartner says: "The governance of master data is a core component of any MDM discipline -- that is, achieving and maintaining a 'single view' of master data. At worst, the lack of effective governance will lead to the failure of MDM initiatives. At best, it will result in lower-than-desired benefits. The business case for MDM won't be realized. A successful governance routine will lead to sustainable and persistent benefits from MDM, such as increased revenue, lower IT and business costs, reduced cycle times (for example, new product introductions) and increased business agility."2
- "Business processes live and die on the quality of the underlying data," said Bill Hewitt, president and CEO of Kalido. "When most MDM vendors use the term 'data governance,' they mean the governance of individual systems. By integrating our MDM and data governance capabilities, we are giving customers the chance to understand how to improve performance from both a data and process perspective. This will make organizations more agile and accountable while making their processes more predictable."
1Gartner Inc., "Predicts 2011: Master Data Management is Important in a Tough Economy, and More Important in Growth," by Andrew White, John Radcliffe, Chad Eschinger, November 11, 2010
2Gartner Inc., "Hype Cycle for Master Data Management, 2010," by Andrew White, John Radcliffe, November 8, 2010
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.