MAYNARD, MA--(Marketwire - Jan 28, 2013) - Kaon Interactive, the leading provider of interactive 3D product marketing applications, today announced significant growth in 2012, as demand escalated for its interactive 3D Product Models, which look and behave exactly like the physical products. Kaon has pioneered a technology that allows B2B marketers to create interactive 3D product demonstrations ONCE and reuse it across multiple hardware platforms to drastically reduce marketing expenses, increase product accessibility and customer engagement, better differentiate complex products, and accelerate the sales cycle.
Spending growth on interactive marketing in 2012 was significant, and will continue to explode in 2013. According to a recent Forrester report, by 2016 companies will spend $77 billion on interactive marketing -- as much as they do on television today. Mobile marketing will become a larger portion of the marketing mix with 2013 spending expected to nearly double that of 2012. Kaon's customers have capitalized on the trend by deploying interactive 3D product marketing content that is optimized for mobile devices, and is also repurposed across multiple platforms to enhance the customer experience everywhere -- online and offline.
Key milestones for Kaon in 2012 include:
- 26.6% increase in NEW Kaon customers acquired in 2012, adding to an already significant list of B2B industry-leading companies in the networking/telecom hardware, computer hardware, industrial machinery and medical/scientific device industries.
- Significant customer growth within the medical device vertical, and an impressive 35.6% increase in customers within the industrial manufacturing sector in 2012.
- Unveiled two new significant products to the Kaon family:
- The Kaon 3D Product App™, a mobile 3D product marketing and sales application for B2B virtual product demonstrations. Marketing personnel, sales teams and channel partners can now quickly showcase, at a moment's notice, virtual 3D product catalogs on iPads®, iPhones® and Android mobile devices to generate more sales opportunities and accelerate the buying cycle.
- The Kaon v-Rack™, a free-standing interactive digital product demonstration in a physical data center rack that "virtually" demonstrates entire families and configurations of storage, switches, servers or routers. Network and telecommunications equipment customers can engage with 3D Product Models on interactive touch screen appliances mounted within an actual rack, creating a user experience that is exactly like a real-world environment.
- Increased staffing by 22% across all areas of the company, including sales, creative, and client services.
- Launched an immersive interactive portfolio page on Kaon's website, which showcases innovative work created for a select list of Kaon customers.
"More companies are trending away from 'static' communication of their products to interactive 3D demonstrations that bring their products to life and Kaon is leading the market in realizing this vision," said Gavin Finn, Kaon's president and CEO. "In 2012, our unique interactive visual solution for communicating complex product offerings, coupled with the ability to reuse Kaon's content across multiple platforms, has led many companies looking to reduce marketing costs and increase sales effectiveness to partner with Kaon for the first time."
About Kaon Interactive
Founded in 1996, Kaon Interactive provides interactive 3D product marketing applications that help B2B marketers and salespeople consistently demonstrate and differentiate products anywhere anytime and turn prospects into customers. By combining touch screen, interactive features with 3D photo-realism, Kaon's 3D Product Models transform product marketing content into visual product storytelling experiences to deepen customer engagement, reduce marketing expenses and accelerate the sales cycle. More than 4,000 Kaon interactive applications are being used at worldwide at trade shows, remote sales demonstrations, product launches, executive briefing centers, and on customer and partner websites by leading global product manufacturing companies including Cisco, Juniper Networks, BD, GE Energy, Waters and Belden. To experience a demonstration and learn more about Kaon or pricing, visit www.kaon.com or call us at 978-344-4106.
Copyright (c) 2000-2012 Kaon Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.