CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Mar 26, 2014) - The term 'staycation' has been used widely in leisure travel since the economic downturn, but now the idea is taking off in the corporate world. Companies that historically spent lavishly on entertainment trips for clients and employees are now opting to entertain at hometown venues and hotels, and they are turning to Kapow Events, Chicago's premier corporate events planning company, to help them.
"With excessive spending increasingly scrutinized, rare are the days of the week-long celebration trips to France or Hawaii," explains Marc Halpin, Kapow Events CEO and Founder. "Staycations are the newest way companies are engaging with their clients and rewarding employees. The good news is that corporate staycations have some great benefits beyond cost savings, and they still include plenty of fun and relaxation."
Kapow Events has planned numerous corporate staycation retreats for some of the city's top business and technology companies. Some popular ideas include:
- An overnight stay at a downtown Chicago hotel such as the Peninsula Hotel with spa appointments, dinner and nearby shopping
- Golf trip to a local resort with dinner and prizes
- Dinner at a trendy restaurant in the city such as Blackbird or Next
- Private concert from a known live band
Kapow Events recently executed a first-ever Chicago staycation experience for the executive sales team of a global technology company that felt the concept would drive more attendance than its out-of-town incentive trips had in the past. The technology company's staycation featured an overnight stay at the Langham hotel with dinner at a trendy downtown restaurant and additional activities planned for daytime with thoughtful goody bags given at the departure. The staycation was such a success that the company is using Kapow to plan a golf outing at an exclusive suburban golf club for company executives this spring.
Corporate staycations have many advantages that are attracting companies. Some of the key benefits include:
- Choosing a local venue means that more of the company's leadership can be involved.
- A significant cost savings to the company. Corporate staycations can run $200 - $500 per person depending on the venue and activities selected, while a corporate trip would be quadruple the cost.
- The reduced cost of a corporate staycation means spouses and significant others can attend.
Kapow Events suggests that companies considering a corporate staycation allow 4 - 6 months in advance to plan the experience, and to avoid dates that are close to holidays and major events to guarantee the best attendance and keep costs down. For more information, go to Kapow Staycations.
About Kapow Events:
Launched in 2012, Kapow Events is quickly transforming the way companies engage with their clients, prospects and employees using the combination of an online marketplace with the expertise of a local event planner to facilitate unique events that help companies achieve specific business goals. Kapow hosts hundreds of corporate events each month for Chicago's largest and most established public and private companies such as Accenture, HP, CDW, Google, and more. To learn more, go to http://www.kapowevents.com.