SOURCE: Kaseya


June 10, 2015 04:05 ET

Kaseya Offers Insight Into the IT Operations Practices of Successful Mid-Sized Companies

Research Data Reveals Strategies for IT to Drive Business Results and End-User Satisfaction

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Jun 10, 2015) - Kaseya®, the leading provider of cloud-based IT management software, today announced the results of its IT operations benchmark survey which offers insight into the drivers of success for IT groups at mid-sized companies.

The survey, based on input from mid-sized enterprises globally, compares the practices of IT departments in faster growth companies with those in slower growth companies, and compares the practices of more mature IT organisations with those of less mature IT organisations. The results provide visibility into the practices IT departments are following to manage not only their complex set of existing technologies, but also new cloud-based infrastructure and applications, mobile devices and more.

According to the findings, 89 percent of IT groups in mid-sized companies are still in the early stages of IT management maturity and focus on day-to-day IT management tasks that are often time-consuming and manual. The remaining 11 percent have achieved higher levels of maturity and are reaping benefits in important ways for the business.

The survey findings suggest how IT groups can do more to drive the effectiveness of both IT and the business using the limited resources they have. Results indicate that by using automation more comprehensively for both routine tasks and problem avoidance and by fully embracing cloud technologies, IT groups can spend more of their time on strategic projects that contribute to end-user productivity and drive the success of the business overall.

Other highlights from Kaseya's 2015 survey include:

  • Bigger doesn't mean better. The survey shows no correlation between the size of a company and its IT management maturity level, indicating that companies of all sizes can benefit from investments in maturing their IT operations.
  • Higher IT management maturity levels can be associated with greater revenue growth. For companies who grew their revenue at greater than 10 percent between 2013 and 2014, 36 percent were considered to have reached the highest maturity levels, versus 11 percent for the general population in the study.
  • Two-thirds of companies at the highest IT management maturity levels have formal service level agreements (SLAs). For more than half of these companies, meeting their SLAs is mandatory.
  • IT organisations at the highest levels of maturity are almost twice as likely to report that they drive IT decisions, instead of their CEO or CFO.

"Kaseya has been an invaluable tool for our infrastructure team and has helped us to move from acting reactively to focusing on a more strategic approach," said Derrald Farnsworth-Livingston, data center manager for Lineage Logistics.

"Most IT groups in mid-sized companies find that they don't have enough time to invest in strategic projects," said Loren Jarrett, chief marketing officer for Kaseya. "Our survey results suggest that by adopting the practices of mature IT organisations, including automating IT management activities, standardising and streamlining processes, and leveraging cloud services, IT groups at companies of all sizes can free up more time and resources to focus on projects that will drive results for the business."

To download the full report go to:

About Kaseya
Kaseya is the leading provider of cloud-based IT management and security software. Kaseya solutions allow Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and IT organisations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower MSPs and mid-sized enterprises to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions are in use by more than 10,000 customers worldwide in a wide variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, media, technology, finance, and more. Kaseya, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries. To learn more, please visit

Contact Information

  • Media Contacts
    Taunia Kipp
    +1 (415) 694-5700