SOURCE: McNeil Consumer Healthcare
FORT WASHINGTON, PA--(Marketwire - Sep 14, 2012) - According to the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America, approximately 40 percent of female allergy sufferers say their red and puffy eyes make them look tired and unattractive.1 This is just one example of the beauty challenges that can accompany typical allergy symptoms and cause a case of ALLERGY FACE™. In an effort to help women look their best this fall, the makers of ZYRTEC® -- in partnership with actress Kate Walsh, and beauty expert Rebekah George -- have issued a four-part, how-to video series on youtube.com/zyrtec. The videos provide simple beauty tips for the eyes, along with the skin, face and nose, to help keep ALLERGY FACE™ at bay.
As one of the millions of Americans who suffer from allergies, Kate Walsh shares her own personal ALLERGY FACE™ experience, and along with Rebekah George, discusses solutions for facing beauty challenges like a red nose, puffy face and watery eyes. The actress and beauty expert agree in the videos that these beauty setbacks can make many women feel like "they want to hide under the covers."
"I encounter women all the time who say that their fall allergy symptoms make them look less than their best," said national beauty and lifestyle expert Rebekah George. "I've teamed up with the makers of ZYRTEC® to give women some of the latest beauty tricks to help them look their best despite their allergies, so they can go out with confidence and enjoy the things they love!"
The video series is spotlighted on the new ZYRTEC® Facebook page -- facebook.com/ZYRTEC. It features a range of beauty topics and tips to combat
ALLERGY FACE™, including:
- How to Combat ALLERGY FACE™
- An introduction to the beauty challenges that can accompany typical allergy symptoms and the tips to help combat these challenges
- How to Brighten the Eyes Despite Allergies
- Beauty Challenge: Puffy eyes
- Beauty Remedy: Try using a blue mascara to help brighten the eyes without the need to use a ton of eye shadow.
- How to Be Prepared for Fall Allergy Season
- Beauty Challenge: Parting with old makeup
- Beauty Remedy: Clean your makeup brushes regularly and get rid of old makeup, ditching mascara after three months, shadow and blush after one year, and foundation after six months.
- How to Combat "Puffy Face"
- Beauty Challenge: "Puffy face"
- Beauty Remedy: Stay hydrated by drinking enough water. Try including foods like cucumber, grapefruit, or lemon slices to add flavor.
To view the full videos and get beauty tips from Kate Walsh and Rebekah George, visit www.youtube.com/zyrtec or www.facebook.com/ZYRTEC.
About the ZYRTEC® Brand
ZYRTEC® (cetirizine HCl), the number one allergist recommended brand2, helps relieve the allergy symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes and itchy nose or throat. These symptoms can be caused by allergy triggers such as dust, mold, pet dander, tree pollen, weeds and grasses.
The makers of ZYRTEC® offer products including ZYRTEC® Tablets and Liquid Gels that provide 24-hour allergy relief, and ZYRTEC-D® that provides the proven allergy relief of ZYRTEC® plus relief from nasal congestion and sinus pressure for a full 12-hours.
About McNeil Consumer Healthcare
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. markets a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter (OTC) products around the globe. McNeil Consumer Healthcare is most widely recognized for the TYLENOL® brand. Other McNeil Consumer Healthcare brands include BENADRYL®, ZYRTEC® and ZYRTEC-D® allergy medicines; IMODIUM® A-D anti-diarrheal; MOTRIN® IB; and SUDAFED® and SUDAFED PE® nasal decongestants.
Be prepared for fall allergy season with tips from @katewalsh & @rebekahgeorge: www.youtube.com/zyrtec #allergyface
1 SOURCES: Asthma &Allergy Foundation of America: http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=7&sub=100&cont=688
2 Among OTC oral antihistamines