SOURCE: KEMP Technologies
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jan 8, 2013) - KEMP Technologies today announced its LoadMaster 5300 load balancing product was named a silver medal winner of the "2012 Editors' Best Awards" in the Best High Availability Product by Windows IT Pro. KEMP was awarded the medal because of the LoadMaster's strategic importance to the market, competitive advantages, and customer value.
KEMP's LoadMaster 5300 Load Balancer
- provides high performance and advanced features at a much lower price than the competition.
- uses the latest technical advancements to deliver improved performance for web-enabled applications.
- affords IT administrators greater control, enables them to easily adapt to network changes and provides them with a superior combination of availability and resource optimization.
- combines the latest advancements in Layer 4 and 7 server load balancing and content switching, advanced caching and compression. It also includes redundant, hot-pluggable power supplies, with a high-performance hardware platform.
- has max balancer L4/L7 throughput up to 8.8/8.5 Gbps; handles up to 110,000 L7 (http) requests per second, 400,000 L7 concurrent connections and delivers up to 9,300 SSL TPS.
Peter Melerud co-founder and executive VP of product management, stated
"The LoadMaster 5300 is a reflection of our customers' need for a technologically advanced server load balancing and content switching appliance with ASIC-based SSL acceleration and improved user experience. Businesses of all sizes looking to improve website performance as they experience increased traffic loads can benefit from the LoadMaster 5300's cutting edge technology, lower power consumption and health-check capabilities."
Jason Bovberg, senior editor, Windows IT Pro, adds
"The 2012 winners should be extremely proud of this recognition from our editorial experts."
About KEMP Technologies
KEMP Technologies is the #1 price/performance load balancer and application delivery controller, used by thousands of businesses who consider IT, e-commerce, web and business applications as mission-critical to their long-term success. KEMP helps companies rapidly grow their business by providing 24/7 infrastructure availability, better web performance and secure operations -- while streamlining IT costs.
KEMP's LoadMaster products include Layers 4-7 load balancing, content switching, server persistence, SSL offload/acceleration, and application front-end capabilities (caching, compression, intrusion prevention system), plus one full year of product support -- delivering industry leading price/performance.
The company is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.KEMPtechnologies.com, or call at +1 631-345-5292.
About Windows IT Pro
The Windows IT Pro community is the heartbeat of the Windows IT world -- a gathering of people, content and resources focused on Microsoft Windows technologies and applications. It's a "community" in every sense, bringing an independent, uncensored voice to IT managers, network and systems administrators, developers, systems analysts, CIOs, CTOs, and other technologists at companies worldwide. Visit www.windowsitpro.com today to learn more.
About Penton Media
As a leading, independent, business-to-business media company, Penton knows business and how to create and disseminate vital content that moves markets. Penton is where professionals turn to gain the critical insight, expert analysis and relevant connections needed to compete and succeed. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its co-investors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.