SANTA MONICA, CA--(Marketwired - September 12, 2016) - Conference organizers of the fifth-annual High Horsepower (HHP) Summit, North America's largest showcase of natural gas fueling and technology solutions for high horsepower applications, announced keynote speakers and released the full speaker lineup that will convene at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, October 11-13, 2016.
"Even with today's lower oil prices, high-fuel-use operations still have a significant opportunity to reduce their fuel costs and mitigate long-term price volatility. Experts throughout the world agree $30/barrel is simply not sustainable for the global oil market," noted Erik Neandross, CEO of Gladstein, Neandross & Associates, the clean transportation and energy consulting firm that produces the conference. "Beyond the economic benefits, clean-burning natural gas provides a cost-effective solution to meet increasingly stringent emissions regulations, not to mention an opportunity to simply be a more responsible and sustainable business operation."
The 2016 HHP Summit program is focused on educating HHP operators on the economic and environmental value proposition of natural gas and giving them the tools, resources and information needed to consider a transition of their own operations. Program highlights include:
Keynotes and Featured Speakers: The agenda sessions will allow attendees to gain insight from industry executives on opportunities for growth in today's natural gas market and how natural gas can provide high horsepower sectors a long-term competitive business advantage.
Featured industry speakers include:
- Keynote: Andrew Evans, Chairman & CEO, AGL Resources (Pivotal LNG)
- Keynote: Brian Cothran, President & CEO North America, GE Oil & Gas
- Sam Thomas, Chairman of the Board & CEO, Chart Industries
- Joel Feucht, General Manager of Gas & Medium Speed Engines, Caterpillar
- John Grubic, Team Lead -- LNG Business Development Americas, Shell
- Paul Cheliak, Director of Innovation and New Markets, Canadian Gas Association
Real-World Natural Gas Case Studies: From new LNG production plants to multi-vessel deployment projects, executives from the marine, rail, mining, and utility sectors will provide insight on demonstration project plans and results; discuss the value of fuel price stability, predictability, and risk mitigation as oil prices creep back up; and the continued focus on environmental drivers -- regulatory and sustainability.
Featured speakers providing case studies, include:
- Eric Evans, Vice President, Carnival Corporation
- Matthew Jackson, Vice President of LNG Business Development, Crowley Maritime
- Dan Britton, President, Fairbanks Natural Gas
- Doug Stout, Vice President of Market Development & External Relations, FortisBC
- Cameron Brown, Vice President of Engineering, Western Copper & Gold
- Chad Verret, Executive Vice President of Alaska LNG Operations, Harvey Gulf
- Shea DiMauro, Director of Operations Support, BNSF Railway
- Peter Keller, Executive Vice President, TOTE
- Stephen Nelson, Chief Operating Officer, Longview Power
- Stephen Sheridan, Senior Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Expo Hall: The show floor will offer access to the industry's largest display of natural gas engines, equipment and technology. Attendees will get hands-on access to the latest technology and have the opportunity to talk to representatives about engine and equipment specifications before making an investment.
HHP Summit 2016 will host some of the top names across the high horsepower and natural gas industries. A complete list of this year's sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers is available at www.hhpsummit.com.
About the High Horsepower (HHP) Summit
HHP Summit is North America's largest and most comprehensive conference and expo focused on the environmental and economic benefits of natural gas for marine, mining, rail, drilling, pressure pumping, and remote power generation operations.
About Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA)
GNA is the leading North American consulting firm specializing in market development for low-emission and alternative fuel vehicle technologies, infrastructure and fuels for both on and off-road applications. For more than 20 years, GNA has pioneered the nation's largest and most innovative alternative fuel vehicle projects, including the development of several successful clean fuel corridor projects. www.gladstein.org