NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - May 14, 2013) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the Kirkland Municipal Library has selected Infor V-smart, Infor V-insight and the Iguana web portal and discovery platform. Serving the Canadian community of Kirkland on the west island of Montreal, Quebec, the library chose the applications to provide its members with remote catalog access through an integrated, web-based system, as well as to enhance interactions and services through improved ease-of-use.
- Infor V-smart's robust search functionality will enable patrons to conduct multiple searches through several databases simultaneously in one query, making it easier to locate desired collection materials.
- Iguana, an online platform designed to market collections and services, will provide the library with a means to promote its offerings through a new integrated website and catalog environment. This will help to attract new patrons and provide a user-specific, interactive online experience.
- Infor V-insight will provide decision-makers with member data in easy-to-read formats like graphs and profiles so Kirkland can tailor its services based on the likes and dislikes of patrons.
- Kirkland will now be able to participate in inter-library loan programs with larger libraries to provide patrons with access to a wider range of materials. The new applications will also enable the library to offer French eBooks, in addition to the existing English eBook collection, in order to better serve its bilingual community.
- Infor V-smart will enable Kirkland to implement Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) functionality, an automated book drop and self-service check-in stations to provide enhanced services, and increase efficiency and speed in transferring collection materials.
Kirkland Municipal Library Quote
"Patron engagement is becoming increasingly important as the ways in which libraries need to interact with the community and understand its needs continues to evolve," said Sonia Djevalikian, library division chief, Kirkland Municipal Library. "This was a large motivator behind our decision to implement Iguana in particular because we know that it will help us to improve overall service to our members by customizing their experience."
"Libraries have a need to market their services and create an individualized feel just like other businesses," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor is committed to helping libraries like Kirkland enhance interactions with patrons to develop a deeper understanding of what it can provide and make better-informed decisions on where to build collections and program offerings."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
About Kirkland Municipal Library
Founded in 1971, the Kirkland Municipal Library serves approximately 9,000 registered members in the community of Kirkland on the west island of Montreal, Quebec. The library offers classes in languages, music and the arts, with extensive print and online collections in English, French and Italian. For more information, visit www.ville.kirkland.qc.ca.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers