SOURCE: Konecranes, Inc.

Konecranes, Inc.

October 01, 2014 10:16 ET

Konecranes Launches Quick Ship Program for Industrial Overhead Cranes

Konecranes Quick Ship Program Gets Underway Today, Shipping a Complete, Competitively Priced Industrial Overhead Crane in Capacities up to 10 Tons in Four Weeks or Less

SPRINGFIELD, OH--(Marketwired - October 01, 2014) - The Quick Ship Program's crane package will include a high-quality Konecranes CXT hoist, end trucks, power supply, and single girder steel in spans up to 52 feet, shipped to the customer in four weeks. Manufacturer Konecranes (HEX: KCR1V) is known for its global reach and strong focus on lifting technology, with an emphasis on improving customers' operating efficiencies.

"Customers can obtain a competitively priced crane quickly, with no compromise on quality," stated Konecranes Mark Ubl, vice president, industrial crane products, Region Americas. "By including the steel, we take all of the guesswork out of delivery and completion. Customers know exactly when their crane will be shipped and can be confident that it contains all the components they need."

Ubl stressed that for facilities with capital expenditure budgets that may have earmarked funds for a 2014 crane purchase, Konecranes Quick Ship Program allows managers to complete the purchase to meet construction deadlines. 

Quick Ship overhead cranes from Konecranes will be available in 3-, 5-, 7.5- and 10-ton capacities, with either a 2-speed hoist or VFD inverter controls. The full-featured cranes will also include Konecranes hand-held mini-joystick radio control with pendant backup, and the proven, low-headroom CXT hoist that improves hook coverage of facility floor space. A plug and play festoon system and numerous safety features are all part of the package. 

"Cranes purchased through Konecranes Quick Ship Program receive an additional year of warranty, three years total, including both parts and labor," said Ubl. "In addition to the overall high quality of the Quick Ship crane, this feature is something that is currently unmatched in the North American lifting market," he continued.

Konecranes Quick Ship Program cranes will be manufactured in three locations: Houston, TX and Franklin, OH in the United States and Edmonton, AB in Canada, which helps reduce shipping costs. Konecranes is also available to install and commission the Quick Ship cranes. Delivery, installation and commissioning are not included in the base price, and some exceptions may apply. 

"We expect that about 60 percent of the CXT cranes ordered through the Quick Ship Program will go direct to end-users, with the remaining 40 percent being ordered by contractors, architects and engineers," said Ubl. "I am confident that both end-users and our EPC partners will be quick to embrace the quality, warranty and time-management benefits of our Quick Ship Program."

About Konecranes, Inc.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Konecranes provides productivity-enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment and machine tools of all makes.

In 2013, Group sales totaled EUR 2.100 million. The Group has 11,800 employees at 600 locations in 48 countries. Konecranes is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki (symbol: KCR1V).

This press release is available at www.konecranesUSA.com.

The following files are available for download:

Contact Information