RAMSEY, NJ --(Marketwired - September 19, 2016) - Building on its core set of smart office solutions, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) today reshapes and revolutionizes the future workplace, integrating technology that allows workers to be more productive, efficient and collaborative. Addressing the needs of today's highly mobile, flexible and dynamic workforce, Konica Minolta expands its existing product capabilities through its IT Services division, All Covered, with the introduction of the Workplace of the Future portfolio. These game-changing technologies will impact the future of work to blend physical and virtual work environments, and empower employees to engage and collaborate seamlessly.
Without question, the company is redefining the modern sustainable workplace exemplified by three interwoven pillars -- productivity, collaboration and efficiency. These dramatic changes will enhance the employee experience, ultimately allowing them to discover more control over their work environment.
- Improved Productivity - Work is not where you are. Work is what you get done. Konica Minolta's technology solutions launched through All Covered are maximizing productivity and making collaboration even easier. All Covered Workspaces, a virtual desktop solution (DaaS) allows employees to work from anywhere, anytime and on any device, knowing that critical data is secure and protected. Additionally, Mobile Device Management (MDM) facilitates Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) access to mobile apps and secures the network from intrusion by unauthorized users and devices. Users can also print and send documents to Konica Minolta bizhubs™ directly from their mobile devices. By leveraging the tools provided by All Covered, companies will modernize their infrastructure resulting in a greater impact overall within the workplace
- Enhanced Collaboration with cloud-based tools - For companies that work across different sites, on specific projects, or just need to retrieve their documents, Konica Minolta's integration with Microsoft SharePoint allows teams to share information easier within and outside an organization. The bizhub technology platform allows users to send documents directly from the MFP panel to any SharePoint destination providing virtually unlimited document collaboration. An additional file storage and collaborative solution, fully-managed and hosted in the AC Cloud, FileAssist is designed for sharing information in a secure environment. Tailored to fit any client's needs, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) transforms operations for greater efficiency with the reduction of paper-based processes, eliminates bottlenecks with unstructured information and automates workflows.
- Increased Efficiency - Through 24/7 access to essential information and applications, All Covered's Cloud solution leverages cloud technology's flexibility and scalability to create a more efficient solution for file sharing, applications and mobility that comes standard with today's modern workplace.
In August, Konica Minolta unveiled a new set of the Workplace of the Future solutions at the company's 2016 Dealer Conference which was held at the Aspen Institute in Aspen, Colorado.
The following were introduced:
- ALICE Receptionist - In today's workplace environment, companies need smarter and more effective ways to process on-site visitors as well as address employee security while being visitor friendly. ALICE automates visitor processing by greeting incoming visitors, alerting employees and, when needed, connecting them for live conversations. With ALICE Receptionist's streaming video technology, employees can communicate face-to-face with visitors from the convenience and safety of their desk or remote location. ALICE automates visitor check-in and check-out, badge printing, as well as visitor induction processes so companies can track and manage visitors efficiently. ALICE is enterprise ready with integrations to VoIP phone systems, Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business and Active Directory.
- Double 2™ Telepresence Robot - An innovative tool for bringing remote workers into the office, Double offers the benefits of video conferencing utilizing an iPad positioned on a mobile base. Double 2 helps telecommuters and remote employees feel connected to their colleagues by giving them a physical presence where they can't be in person. Remote workers have the ability to log in without delay and transport themselves around a building, classroom, conference room, etc., and adjust the angle of their view or the height of the device to completely engage themselves in a meeting.
- The Receptionist for iPad - This automated visitor management solution allows businesses both with and without a receptionist to easily manage their visitor flow, keep track of who's in the office, and connect with guests via text, email, or Slack. Businesses can also set up delivery options, print visitor badges, and capture legal document authorizations. The Receptionist for iPad exemplifies the Workplace of the Future portfolio by providing an attractive and efficient solution for many of the front-desk challenges companies face. The visitor management system improves office productivity, tightens office security, and elevates a company's brand image, all with a simple tool that takes just minutes to set up.
"Konica Minolta has a clear vision of how to help businesses use technology to support their workplace of the future," said Kevin Kern, senior vice president, Business Intelligence Services and Product Planning, Konica Minolta. "Our continually evolving and steady stream of cutting-edge solutions and services facilitates connecting people through the use of innovative technology."
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. is a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services. We are reshaping the Workplace of the Future™ (www.reshapework.com). Our portfolio of offerings deliver solutions to improve our customers' speed to market, manage technology costs, and facilitate the sharing of information to increase productivity. The All Covered IT Services division offers a range of IT strategy, support, project and cloud computing solutions across all verticals. Konica Minolta has won numerous awards and recognition, including placement in the Leaders Quadrant on the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services (MPS) and Managed Content Services (MCS). Konica Minolta has been recognized as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for nine consecutive years. Konica Minolta, Inc. has also been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for four years in a row. For more information, please visit: www.CountOnKonicaMinolta.com and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter @konicaminoltaus.
bizhub and Workplace of the Future are registered trademarks of Konica Minolta, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.