BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Aug 22, 2013) - Lagoa, the 3D cloud platform company, today unveiled a new version of its rendering service, with features that speed visual prototyping, decision making, and collaboration, while reducing time-to-market. The browser-based application improves concept development and the creation of interactive or static visuals for marketing and point-of-sale use. Other new features in v1.5 include the ability to: simultaneously render multiple images; create interactive, web-embeddable scenes; and mix and blend materials. Lagoa v1.5 also includes a host of UI improvements.
"This upgrade dramatically impacts development processes that rely on visual based decisions, ultimately reducing time-to-market," said Thiago Costa, CEO and co-founder of Lagoa. "Today's designers and marketers can be more closely aligned. Background rendering, new to v1.5, enables designers to iterate faster, while the workflow and collaboration functions enable them to work more closely with customers and colleagues in product design, manufacturing and marketing. Bringing a product to market is no longer a linear process -- with speedy photorealistic rendering you can have images and collateral ready immediately."
Lagoa v1.5 also includes:
- Background rendering: It's free and easy to render multiple images simultaneously. Users simply set the resolution and/or time limit, and watch as each image is added automatically to the asset list.
- Scene embed API: Developers can use Lagoa's embed API to create end-user customization tools to enhance customer engagement and sales.
- Users can share their scenes interactively on the web. Every scene has its own embed code that can be inserted anywhere -- including navigation and transformation tools.
- Material blending: Materials can now be mixed and/or blended, allowing users unparalleled control over achieving exactly the look they want.
- A new materials menu: New materials and improved navigation have been added to the Lagoa materials menu. Like all materials in Lagoa, these are physically-based measured materials.
- A host of user interface improvements: These include a new interface that speeds workflow and improves the overall experience.
Lagoa will be providing demonstrations of v1.5 at the IDSA Conference in Chicago this week.
Lagoa - The 3D Cloud Platform
Lagoa utilizes the power of cloud processing for photoreal 3D visualization and collaboration, and allows developers to create their own applications via their API library. Fast and powerful, Lagoa enables 3D artists, designers, engineers, architects and advertisers to collaborate while rendering and finalizing spectacular 3D content. The company was founded in 2012 in Montreal, and has offices in Bonn and Boston. For more information, visit http://home.lagoa.com/.