SOURCE: Televisa Publishing + Digital
MIAMI, FL--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - The Latina stars of Bravo's reality series "The Real Housewives of Miami" and the Executive Producer of "Despierta America" will be the featured panelists in the closing session of the 7th Annual Hispana Leadership Summit taking place Sept. 20-22 at the Turnberry Isle resort in Miami. The dynamic three-day summit is hosted by PODER Hispanic and Vanidades magazines, together with State Farm.
Alexia Echevarria, Adriana De Moura, Ana Quincoces and Karent Sierra will headline the closing session titled "My Professional Journey" on Saturday, September 22. Rounding out the panel is Luz Maria Doria, Executive Producer of "Despierta America" on the Univision Network. The session will offer insights and perspectives from women in entertainment and journalism who are at the top of their game. These Miami celebrity housewives and seasoned journalist will share key lessons learned from their accomplished careers from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. to wrap up at the seventh installment of the Hispana Leadership Summit.
The panelists for "My Professional Journey" are:
- Luz Maria Doria is a journalist who began her career as an editor at Editorial Televisa for Cosmpolitan and TV y Novelas magazines. In 1991 she was appointed Director of the magazine Cristina, which she directed for 10 years. In 2002 she was appointed Executive Producer of the show "Escandalo TV at TeleFutura" where she was also named Executive Producer of "La Tijera." In 2010 she was appointed Production Director at Telefutura, a position she held until January 2012 when she became Director and Executive Producer of Univision's "Despierta America."
- Alexia Echevarria is the Executive Editor of Venue Magazine and an icon in the world of Miami fashion. She is well known for her trademark blond mane and large sunglasses and is seen on the front row of many fashion shows. She is also one of the cleverest influencers in fashion as she names trends and has a genuine passion for fostering young talent. One of the original cast members of Bravo's first season of RHOM, she has been dubbed the "Cuban Barbie" for obvious reasons, though she has a beautiful personality to match.
- Adriana De Moura is a Miami art dealer who was exposed to art at a very young age by her grandmother, who was a painter. She is well known as the "Brazilian bombshell" of the Miami cast and has been featured heavily in the press. She studied French Art & Civilization at the Sorbonne University in Paris, as well as Italian Art in Florence Italy. Adriana has traveled to more than 40 countries to visit the most renowned museums and galleries in the world. She considers her son Alexandre her "pride and joy."
- Ana Quincoces was voted Miami's "hottest chef" by Eater magazine in 2011. Ana grew up in a Cuban household in sunny Miami, where she was her mother's apprentice in the kitchen and discovered her passion for the art of cooking. She self-published her first cookbook, "Cuban Chicks Can Cook," as both a tribute to her mother and a legacy for her daughters. Ana is a contributing editor for Venue magazine and a spokesperson for IMUSA, the top Hispanic cookware brand in the country.
- Karent Sierra is the "Dentist to the Stars" and runs a cosmetic spa dentistry practice in the heart of Coral Gables. Born in New York to Colombian parents, Dr. Sierra firmly believes that creating "perfect" smiles for her patients changes their lives. The former beauty queen reigned as Miss Carnival Miami in 1992 and now specializes in full mouth extreme makeovers. The trust she has earned allows her a truly "fabulous" client following of some of Miami's most recognized smiles. Currently Dr. Sierra can be seen in the current ads for Colgate for the Hispanic market as their current spokeswoman.
The Hispana Leadership Summit is a gathering of Latina professionals and entrepreneurs from around the country who will participate in an empowering selection of career building opportunities to sharpen their skills and expand networks. Registration for the three-day summit includes all meals, conference sessions, golf clinics and the iconic white group photo and All White Affair featuring the annual Latinas of Excellence Awards. For more information on this event visit: http://www.hispanaleadershipsummit.com.
The 7th Annual Hispana Leadership Summit is hosted by PODER Hispanic and Vanidades magazines, together with State Farm, and presented by AARP, Disney Park & Resorts, GSEA Fashion Group and Susan G. Komen as the official charity partner and Marketwire as the official newswire sponsor. Additional sponsors and partner organizations include Las Comadres, Latina Golfers Association, LATISM, LatinBiz, WebCityGirls, NCLR, Tous, Turnberry Isle Miami and UPS.
Hispana Leadership Summit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HispanaLeadershipSummit
Hispana Leadership Summit on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HispanaLS2012 or @HispanaLS2012
Hispana Leadership Summit on LinkedIn:
Connect with PODER Hispanic and Vanidades magazines on Facebook and Twitter:
Poder Hispanic Facebook | Poder Twitter | Vanidades Facebook | Vanidades Twitter
About Televisa Publishing + Digital
Televisa Publishing + Digital is a division of Grupo Televisa, the largest Spanish-language media company in the world. The 89 brands/130 distinct magazines of the company, most of them leaders in their categories, are distributed in 20 countries throughout the Western Hemisphere with an annual circulation of over 169 million. In addition, the company makes available all of Grupo Televisa's properties and talent via a comprehensive digital entertainment platform, including a portal, a social-networking site, a vertical music site, magazine web-sites and a mobile platform. For more information, go to www.televisapublishing.com.
Published by Televisa Publishing + Digital, Vanidades was the first Spanish-language magazine launched in the United States. For the past five decades, Vanidades has been a part of Hispanic women in her journey through the decades: from fashion and beauty, to health and travel, providing the information women need to be successful in an eloquent and relatable matter. Whether in exclusive interviews of icons in fashion, culture and entertainment or features geared to sophisticated women, Vanidades sets the tone and stage for trends and ideas important to Hispanic women. Sophisticated, elegant and experienced, Vanidades subtly incorporates everything the Hispanic woman is looking for. For more information, go to www.vanidades.com.
About PODER Hispanic
Published by Televisa Publishing + Digital, Poder Hispanic is a bi-monthly publication for Latinos in power -- and those who aspire to be. It was conceived as a vehicle to provide the Hispanic corporate and entrepreneurial communities with valuable and reliable information. As a leading business and lifestyle magazine, Poder Hispanic is written for a global audience of influential senior business executives, political decision-makers and entrepreneurs interested in current events in both politics and business. Poder Hispanic charts the ascent of Latinos in all realms of business, politics and entertainment, while also reporting on Hispanic lifestyles and trends. Poder Hispanic offers business news, profiles and exclusive interviews with high-ranking executives and political leaders, covering topics of great concern as well as exposing new issues impacting the world. For more information, go to www.poder360.com.
To obtain media credentials to attend HLS 2012 and for media inquiries and sponsorship opportunities: