NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - May 14, 2014) - Latisys, a leading provider of hybrid cloud hosting and data center solutions, today announced that Latisys CEO Pete Stevenson has been selected to participate on a panel at the Information Management Network's (IMN) 4th Annual Spring Forum on Financing, Investing and Real Estate Development for Data Centers on May 29 at the Conrad New York Hotel in New York City.
Attended by some of the most prominent data center owners, tenants, investors, capital and service providers, the conference addresses both the enterprise end-user and data center perspective as it examines the latest issues heading key stakeholders' agendas.
Mr. Stevenson joins moderator Peter Hopper, CEO & Co-Founder, DH Capital, along with fellow panelists Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis LLC; Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters; Hunter Newby, CEO, Allied Fiber, and Tony Wanger, President, IO, on the panel titled, "President/CEO Wholesale & Hybrid Player Perspective: Being Ahead of the Game" taking place Thursday, May 29, at 10:00 AM. .
This session will examine key industry dynamics impacting both retail and wholesale data center services, IT infrastructure services, and data center business strategies. The distinguished panel will address the following questions and issues:
- Are the boundaries between retail and wholesale data center services blurring or becoming more distinct?
- Wholesale going to retail colocation: Will it move the needle, or is it a defensive move? If you are not already offering retail colo, do you intend to offer it? Why?
- What are your end-users looking for? Have you expanded your service offerings in the past 6-12 months? If so, to what? Cloud? Managed hosting? If not, why not? Can data centers still be pure-play in this market?
- How do you see end-user requirements evolving over the next 2-5+ years? What technology will you be investing in to meet these needs? What will be the biggest obstacles to meeting these client needs?
- Growth strategy: Are you expanding within existing data center markets or going off the beaten path? What new sites would you consider/are you considering in the US? Internationally? What is your business logic behind this? What are your key site selection decision factors?
- Build vs. buy vs. partner? What do you look for in an acquisition? In a JV partner? Are the days of building over?
- Do you have legacy estate? If so, how are you dealing with it?
- Securing financing; Prioritizing your capital and cost management initiatives
Mr. Stevenson will provide executive insight into ever-changing financial and regulatory requirements for data centers and infrastructure services, as well the rapid shift toward deployment of flexible hybrid and managed IT infrastructure services -- particularly by large and midsize enterprises.
"The data center has firmly established itself as the commerce platform of the 21st century," Stevenson said. "The IMN conference has zeroed in on key dynamics shaping the industry and we are pleased to participate and offer our perspective. As a true builder and broker of flexible IT solutions ranging from colocation to hybrid cloud solutions, our business momentum is accelerating as enterprise customers deploy hybrid IT solutions optimized to scale for current and future business requirements."
Latisys' Cloud Enabled Systems Infrastructure (CESI) is ideal for complex, mission critical workloads and requirements supporting a wide range of industries -- from Software as a Service (SaaS) providers to Enterprise ERP & OSS applications to Global IT Services & Consulting practices -- with solutions tailored to a multinational or domestic client's unique requirements and delivered via single site or multi-site configurations.
With high-density data centers in every U.S. time zone and a platform that now extends to the UK, Latisys' international reach enables multisite redundancy, managed backup and secure disaster recovery -- including cloud-based DR solutions. Latisys' Tier III facilities are designed for the business continuity of mission-critical operations -- offering the power, cooling, backbone network and managed services with an eye toward reducing capital expenditures for storage and ongoing maintenance.
Over 1,000 enterprises and government organizations rely on Latisys as their trusted provider of critical IT infrastructure solutions underpinning their business. With a Net Promoter score of 46, Latisys leads the IaaS industry in customer satisfaction.
Information Management Network (IMN) is the company that arms investors in all fields of finance and commerce with the knowledge they need to survive and thrive in tomorrow's world of finance and investment. IMN provides a forum through which the exchange of unbiased ideas, information and assistance can lead to more winners in the 'game'. For more information, visit www.imn.org.
Latisys is a leading provider of hybrid cloud hosting and data center solutions to mid-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage serving business customers since 1994 and a unified Cloud Enabled System Infrastructure (CESI) deployed across multiple high-density data centers throughout the U.S. and in the UK, Latisys offers a scalable outsourced IT infrastructure platform that provides customers with what they need, when they need it. As a client-centric company committed to operating as an extension of each customer's IT team, Latisys is quickly becoming the IaaS platform of choice for companies that demand more from their IT infrastructure partner. Call 1-866-956-9594, visit www.latisys.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/latisys for additional information. All Systems Grow.