SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 31, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle a Leader in its latest "Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management." (1)
- Gartner's Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and their ability to execute on that vision.
- According to Gartner, "WCM plays an increasingly important role in business performance. It has become the central point of coordination for initiatives involving the enterprise's online presence, and these initiatives have become more sophisticated and more important to enterprises' business strategies. Thus, WCM is key for organizations wishing to execute a strategy of OCO (online channel optimization) that embraces areas such as customer experience management, e-commerce, digital marketing, multichannel marketing and website consolidation."
- Gartner continued, "Leaders should drive market transformation. Leaders have the highest combined scores for Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision. They are doing well and are prepared for the future with a clear vision and a thorough appreciation of the broader context of OCO. They have strong channel partners, a presence in multiple regions, consistent financial performance, broad platform support and good customer support. In addition, they dominate in one or more technologies or vertical markets. Leaders are aware of the ecosystem in which their offerings need to fit. Leaders can: demonstrate enterprise deployments' offer integration with other business applications and content repositories; provide a vertical-process or horizontal-solution focus."
- Oracle WebCenter, the engagement platform powering exceptional experiences for customers, employees and partners, connects people and information by bringing together the most complete portfolio of portal, Web experience management, content, social, and collaboration technologies into a single integrated product suite.
- Oracle WebCenter also provides the foundation for Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Fusion Applications to deliver a next-generation user experience.
- "Organizations are increasingly making their online channel the central point of customer engagement and experience, and as such, it has never been more important to create online experiences that are relevant, social and interactive," said Roel Stalman, vice president, Product Management, Oracle. "We believe the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management not only points to the strength of our solutions, but also to Oracle's vision for powering exceptional experiences through one, integrated engagement platform."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Gartner's Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.