BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Feb 10, 2014) - New England's leading edtech accelerator program LearnLaunchX today announced its second cohort comprised of seven early-stage education technology companies. LearnLaunchX selected the companies based on their potential to bring significant innovation to the education technology and learning markets.
"We are excited to work with some of the most innovative edtech startups that have technologies we believe will help transform learning and the business of education," said Jean Hammond, a LearnLaunchX partner. "Our entrepreneurs are coming here from all over the world, because Boston is the center of edtech innovation and provides unparalleled support to startups. We intend to take our companies to the point where they have validated their business models and become attractive prospects for investors."
The following companies were selected to participate in the Winter 2014 accelerator program:
- Book&Table -- an educational marketplace for people to create, discover, and purchase personalized courses.
- Campuscene -- a modern and engaging college search platform that serves both applicants and admissions offices.
- CueThink -- creator of Quantum, a game-based peer-to-peer learning platform for math problem solving.
- Hstry -- a digital learning tool that enables teachers, students and historians to construct interactive historical timelines for the digital classroom.
- QuadWrangle -- a software platform for more personal and valuable alumni engagement.
- Skaffl -- creator of Braket, a mobile-first teaching and learning platform for the 1:1 K-12 classroom.
- uConnect -- a unique campus recruiting platform that is changing the way colleges and universities provide career services to their students.
LearnLaunchX 's three-month intensive accelerator program provides edtech startups with seed funding, six months of workspace, strategic guidance on bringing their products to market, and a diverse team of industry-savvy mentors. The companies emerge from the program ready for next stages of funding, deployment, scale and growth. The LearnLaunchX accelerator program begins today and will culminate with the LearnLaunchX Demo Day in May, when the startups will pitch their companies to investors to secure follow-on funding.
LearnLaunchX is New England's leading edtech accelerator program dedicated to helping edtech startups grow. LearnLaunchX runs two 3-month accelerator programs every year, each with a group of 6-8 education technology startups. The program provides select entrepreneurial companies with seed funding, an unmatched team of mentors and colleagues, free workspace, and intensive coaching by LearnLaunchX founders to accelerate their success. For more information, please visit us at http://www.learnlaunchx.com
LearnLaunch is dedicated to connecting, educating, and growing New England's ecosystem of edtech entrepreneurs, educators, investors, companies, and policy leaders to drive innovation and transform learning. It provides a vibrant community, events, the LearnLaunchX accelerator program, and a collaborative co-working space to promote the growth of education technology entrepreneurship in Boston, the education mecca of the world. For more information, please visit us at www.learnlaunch.com
All logos, company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.