BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 23, 2013) - LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. ("LED Medical" or "the company") (TSX VENTURE:LMD), a developer of LED-based visualization technologies for the medical industry, announces its Public Market Development and Communications Plan for 2013, designed to create a global understanding of its proprietary, patented technology platforms and their significant potential.
"We've achieved major inroads into dentistry in recent years with the commercialization of our VELscope Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System for the detection of early stage oral cancer," states LED Medical's CEO, Peter Whitehead. "We are now entering our second year of corporate development as a public company, and we have recently begun an exciting new partnership with DenMat (www.denmat.com) for the wide scale distribution of our VELscope Vx product line. During fiscal 2013, we will also be actively exploring the potential of our patented visualization technologies for additional applications in the medical industry. It is now important that we execute a communications strategy to expand the global investment market's understanding of the milestones we've reached, our ongoing initiatives and their value to the company."
To support its public market communications program for 2013, LED Medical has performed the following:
- Retained Byron Capital Markets Ltd. ("Byron Capital") to advise on future capital markets transactions and capital raising activities within the Canadian marketplace and investment community. Byron Capital is a full-service institutional investment dealer whose team is comprised of a group of experienced finance and capital markets professionals focused on providing service to institutional investors, and corporate clients throughout the lifecycle of their businesses. Byron Capital serves clients in Canada and around the world including Europe and Australia.Visit www.byroncapitalmarkets.com.
- Retained Brean Capital LLC ("Brean Capital"), to act as LED Medical's Principal American Liaison ("PAL") to the US public markets. Brean Capital is a research-driven investment bank and asset management firm, dedicated to small & midcap growth companies and their investors. Visit www.breanmurray.com.
- Retained the investor relations services of Deutsche Investor-Relations GmbH ("DIRG") for Europe. DIRG is a Berlin-based investor relations firm that provides a multitude of investor relations services to publically traded companies looking to establish support in German-speaking Europe. DIRG will be paid EUR2,500 per month to provide a multi-faceted investor relations program for an initial period of 6 months. LED Medical has sold VELscope Vx systems in 23 countries globally, including several European countries to date, and plans further international penetration via its distribution partnership with DenMat. Visit www.dir-gmbh.com.
- Retained the communications services of Fifth Gear Marketing. Principal Marc Hoelscher is a recognized expert at strategic market development and will oversee all communications and public relations activities for LED Medical.
- Retained Hart Partners, LLP., a boutique consulting firm dedicated to creating sustainable market valuations for publicly traded companies. Jeffrey S. Hart, founder and principal is a fifteen year veteran of Wall Street; with brokerage, investment banking, private equity and buy-side experience. Hart will introduce LED Medical to prospective institutional and individual investors. The company will have an initial engagement period of 90 days starting February 21st for a fee of US$19,500 as well as 100,000 stock options at an exercise price of $0.40. Visit www.hartpartners.net.
- Retained the social media marketing and social media optimization services of Emerging Growth Inc. ("EGI"). EGI will market LED Medical's corporate materials across multiple social media platforms and throughout its network of social media outlets. Visit www.EmergingGrowth.com.
All engagements are for one year unless otherwise specified. All option grants are subject to both board and regulatory approval.
About LED Medical Diagnostics Inc.
Headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. is a leading developer of LED-based visualization technologies for the medical industry. The company is publicly traded on the TSX.V under the symbol LMD.
Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, LED Dental Inc., the company manufactures the VELscope Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System, the first system in the world to apply tissue fluorescence visualization technology to the oral cavity. VELscope Vx devices are now used to conduct more screenings for oral cancer and other oral diseases than any other adjunctive device. To date, there have been more than 12,000 VELscope Vx systems sold globally and they have been used to perform more than 25 million exams. For more information, visit www.leddental.com.
Forward Looking Information
This press release contains statements which, to the extent that they are not recitations of historical fact, may constitute forward-looking information under applicable Canadian securities legislation that involve risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements or information include statements regarding the Company's future plans for sponsorship or listings which maybe implied in this release. Persons reading this press release are cautioned that such statements or information are only predictions, and that the Corporation's actual future results or performance may be materially different. Several factors could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements. Corporation's reports filed on SEDAR including its Annual Information Form and financial report for the year ended December 31, 2011. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. All forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by this cautionary statement and there can be no assurance that actual results or developments anticipated by the Company will be realized. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.