DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Apr 20, 2017) - The National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) today announced the slate of speakers for its Summer Meeting, which will be held June 9-11 in Denver. Colorado Senate President Kevin Grantham will deliver the Keynote Address.
"The quality and breadth of experts who will be speaking at the NCLGS Summer Meeting is exceptional," said NCLGS President Bill Galvano, a senator from Florida and who is in line to become that state's Senate President in November 2018. "Everyone with a stake in the future of legalized gambling -- in any form -- should attend our meeting in Denver to hear a wide range of thought-provoking discussions on this essential issue."
In addition to legislators who will chair Committee sessions, the following experts will speak in Committee and general sessions:
- Joe Asher, CEO, William Hill
- Melissa Kuipers Blake, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Steve Bodmer, General Counsel, Pechanga Indian Reservation
- William Bogot, Partner, Fox Rothschild
- Kevin Braig, Partner, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- A.G. Burnett, Chairman, Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Joseph Carlon, Senior Manager, iGaming, Gaming Laboratories International
- David Corey, President, PACA Inc.
- Jeffrey Derevensky, Director, International Centre for Youth Gambling Problems and High Risk Behaviors, McGill University
- Bill Egan, Senior Lottery Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Alan Feldman, Executive Vice President, MGM Resorts International
- Gregory Giordano, Partner, McDonald, Carano, Wilson LLP
- Cynthia Hallet, President & CEO, American Nonsmokers Rights Foundation
- Mark Hichar, Partner, Hinckley Allen
- Mark Hillman, Vice President, Colorado Horsemen's Association
- Daniel Kustelski, Co-Founder & CEO, Chalkline Sports
- Dan Little, Vice President of Government Relations, Aristocrat Technologies, Inc.
- Tim Lowry, Partner, DLA Piper
- John Maloney, Partner, Law offices of John K. Maloney
- Ed Martin, President, Association of Racing Commissioners International
- Andromeda Morrison, Ohio Casino Control Commission, Director of Skill Games
- William Pascrell III, Esquire, Princeton Public Affairs Group
- Michael Pollock, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- John Roberts, Chairman, Mashpee Wampanoag Gaming Commission
- Franceso Rodano, Chief Policy Officer, Playtech
- Chris Rogers, Vice President/Deputy General Counsel, Penn National Gaming
- Christian Sederberg, Partner, Vicente Sederberg LLC
- Quinton Singleton Vice President Corporate Strategy, NYX Gaming Group
- Donald Smith, Vice President, North American Association of Racetrack Veterinarians
- Robert Stocker, Member, Dickinson Wright
- John Tahsuda, Principal, Navigators Global
- Carey Theil, Executive Director, GREY2K USA Worldwide
- Dan Wallach, Esquire, Becker & Poliakoff
- Joseph Weinert, Executive Vice President, Spectrum Gaming Group
Summer Meeting registration is now open to the public at www.nclgs.org/meetings.html. The conference website includes the full conference agenda, as well as information for special attendee hotel rates at the host Westin Denver Downtown.
The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the proper regulation of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation.
Legislators and others seeking information on membership in NCLGS should contact Wayne Marlin at email@example.com. For information on sponsorships and registrations for the upcoming NCLGS Summer Meeting in Denver, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.