SOURCE: The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
KAPALUA, HI--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2013) - Community giving continues to be at the forefront of the inspired holiday season at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua. The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua will spread the spirit of aloha through several community outreach efforts including Thanksgiving dinner deliveries to the island's Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Departments who are on duty Thanksgiving Day and the annual "Sharing is Caring" demonstration benefitting the children of Maui's Ka Hal A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center.
In addition to these annual community outreach efforts, the Maui beach hotel invites guests to share this holiday season alongside dramatic ocean views, warm island breezes and swaying coconut palms. The resort has orchestrated a wide array of festive celebrations, family-friendly activities and unique gourmet experiences sure to create holiday memories that will last a lifetime.
The festivities begin on November 27 with a nightly Menorah lighting at sundown through December 5. On Thanksgiving Day guests can enjoy a traditional turkey dinner feast with Tattinger champagne complemented by a Hawaiian soloist and hula dancer at oceanfront Maui restaurant, The Terrace. Family favorite, Teddy Bear Tea, will commence on December 21 and include tea presentations, cookie decorating and special cameos by Frosty the Snowman, Chris the Christmas Bear and of course, Santa Claus. The resort's youngest guests will find endless entertainment with Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment hosting many events from holiday crafts, story time, family-friendly movies, game room and a special New Year's Eve countdown for children.
The celebrations continue through the New Year with delectable holiday dining featuring an array of delicacies and specialty menus and cocktails.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Sweets & Treats Dessert with decadent desserts and signature eggnog cocktails; December 24 only.
- Christmas Eve King's Table Luau - live like a royal and journey back more than a century to the western shore of Maui for the Hawaiian King's Table feast.
- A "Tattinger" Christmas Day Feast - raise your sparkling glass as the culinary team presents a lavish holiday buffet with an array of delicacies, highlighted with entertainment by a contemporary Hawaiian soloist and hula dancer.
For an unforgettable beginning to 2014, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua has created several festive celebratory occasions to ring in the New Year:
New Year's Festivities
- New Year's Eve Chef's Interactive Pa'ina (Party) - island-inspired tapas at interactive chef stations complemented by Hawaiian music and hula dancing (advance reservations recommended)
- New Year's Eve Dinner at The Terrace Chef-Crafted - sophisticated fare with three-course menu and select a la carte menu (advance reservations recommended)
- New Year's Eve Countdown Celebration for Children - begins with a fun Keiki Pa'ina (party) dinner buffet followed by a guided night hike and New Year's Eve celebration with dancing, games, movies, face painting, snacks and sparkling cider with a fun dessert surprise!
- New Year's Eve Celebration - entertainment featuring a Hawaiian duo and hula dancer followed by a live band
For the ultimate in relaxation this season, The Ritz-Carlton Spa®, Kapalua will feature sweet spa experiences December 15 - January 6. Melt away the holiday stress and indulge with a Festive Holiday Facial, Cinnamon Spice Hot Stone Massage or a Peppermint Pedicure complete with hot chocolate and a seasonal treat.
For a full calendar of holiday dining, festivities and spa specials at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua this season, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/kapaluaholidays. To reserve your room reservations, please call (800) 262-8440, the hotel directly at (808) 669-6200 or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/kapalua.
About The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The AAA Five-Diamond Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, boasting warm-hued wood floors, rich travertine bathrooms, flat-screen LCD televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Ritz-Carlton Spa®, Kapalua beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, steam, sauna and whirlpool therapies, outdoor couple's hale (cabanas) and a fitness center and movement studio with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program offers all interest levels an array of outdoor activities from land to sea, led by trained naturalists. The breathtaking island resort also features six dining experiences, enhanced indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is nestled on 54 acres and enveloped by the 23,000 acre Kapalua Resort, renowned for two championship golf courses, award-winning restaurants and an historic pineapple plantation.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 81 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company website at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR)