FRISCO, TX--(Marketwired - May 02, 2014) - Now the time has come to plan summer vacations, ThyssenKrupp Elevator, the largest manufacturer of vertical transportation in the Americas, shares tips for kids (and their parents) to follow to keep safe on elevators, escalators and moving walks.
Escalators & Moving Walks
- Always check to make sure shoelaces are tied tightly before boarding.
- Always stand and face forward when riding (never sit down).
- Always hold an adult's hand and the handrail.
- Always grab the handrail when you step on and keep holding it until you step off.
- Always keep your hands, feet and clothing away from the sides.
- Always move away from the end of an escalator/moving walk quickly so others can get off safely.
- Never walk or run.
- Never let your feet slide off the end.
- Never try to ride the wrong direction.
- Always let others exit before boarding.
- Always enter and exit quickly.
- Always push the "door open" button if people need to enter after you.
- Always watch your step when entering or exiting -- it might not be completely level with the floor.
- Always use the alarm or help button; telephone or intercom in case of emergency.
- Always wait for help to arrive if you are stuck.
- Never attempt to stop closing doors with your hands, feet or body.
- Never use in case of a fire -- take the stairs.
- Never try to climb out of a stalled elevator or try to pry open the doors.
"There is no doubt children will use elevators, escalators and moving walks when traveling in airports, transit stations, shopping malls and hotels this summer," said Rich Hussey, President and CEO of ThyssenKrupp Elevators Americas. "To keep safety top of mind, we developed the ThyssenKrupp Elevator Safety Ambassador program encouraging our youngest riders to help spread the word about elevator, escalator and moving walk safety. We also partner with the Elevator Escalator Safety Foundation (EESF) to reach children through local elementary schools and teachers."
ThyssenKrupp Elevator launched its Safety Ambassador program in November 2013. Each Ambassador receives a backpack with assorted child-friendly items that promote safety to share with their friends. The program, which has approximately 200 ambassadors, empowers children to promote safety to their peers.
Anyone is welcome to join the ThyssenKrupp Elevator Safety Ambassador program. For more information or to join the program, visit the Safety Ambassador website today.
About ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, more than 230 branch and service locations. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG.
ThyssenKrupp is a diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 157,000 employees in over 80 countries and recorded sales of EUR39 billion in fiscal year 2012/2013. In North America, ThyssenKrupp subsidiaries employed more than 20,000 people and generated sales of more than EUR8.3 billion (approximately USD $11 billion).
The following files are available for download: