SOURCE: Liberty Street Advisors, Inc.
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Mar 6, 2014) - Liberty Street Advisors, Inc., an SEC registered investment advisor, announced the launch of the Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund ("the Fund") (NASDAQ: REIAX) (NASDAQ: REICX) (NASDAQ: REIIX), the third in its series of funds focused on income production and inflation protection. The Liberty Street family of funds, which now has over $2.4 Billion in assets as of February 28th, 2014, also includes the Center Coast MLP Focus Fund (NASDAQ: CCCAX) (NASDAQ: CCCCX) (NASDAQ: CCCNX), the Capital Innovations Global Agri, Timber, Infrastructure Fund (NASDAQ: INNAX) (NASDAQ: INNCX) (NASDAQ: INNNX), the Horizon Spin-off & Corporate Restructuring Fund (NASDAQ: LSHAX) (NASDAQ: LSHCX) (NASDAQ: LSHUX) and the Toroso Newfound Tactical Allocation Fund (NASDAQ: TNTAX) (NASDAQ: TNTCX) (NASDAQ: TNTNX).
The Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund is led by veteran real estate investment trust (REIT) Analyst Bruce Garrison and Co-Manager Matt Werner. Mr. Garrison has been associated with the REIT industry since 1972, a career which includes 20+ years on the sell side where he was responsible for raising over $8 billion for REITs. He has been managing REIT portfolios for clients since 2000. Among his career accolades, Mr. Garrison has received various awards for his analytical contributions within the REIT industry and was responsible for bringing a number of REITs public that are present in the index today. (Please see the Fund's Prospectus for further details on these awards)
"Bruce's deep experience working with REIT management teams and his understanding of REIT valuation is unparalleled in this field. He brings with him an investment style that is driven by proprietary financial models and years of experience walking properties and meeting REIT decision-makers," said Tim Reick, CEO of Liberty Street Advisors.
Prior to teaming up with Garrison at Salient Capital in 2008, Matt Werner, the Fund's Co-Manager, was responsible for due diligence and analysis of real estate private equity and hedge funds for The Endowment Fund, a $5.5 billion fund-of-funds. Both Bruce and Matt joined Chilton Capital Management in 2011. "Mr. Werner and I employ an investment process founded in diligent fundamental research, boots-on-the-ground experience, and proprietary earnings models. We typically assemble portfolios of 20-40 companies that are diversified by property type, geography, and tenant. It is rare that one tenant accounts for more than 1% of revenues for an individual REIT."
"Publicly traded REITs are a natural fit for the Liberty Street fund family, given their historical low correlation to stocks & bonds along with their past ability to deliver an attractive and growing income stream." said Reick. "While REITs have certainly attracted assets in the past several years, we believe that REITs continue to be under-owned, particularly by small to mid-sized pension plans as well as by mutual funds, and the average investor in general. The Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund provides investors access to a manager with extensive knowledge who has been investing in the REIT market for over 20 years."
The Fund provides daily liquidity and is available in A, C, and Institutional share classes. The Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund intends to invest in a focused portfolio of approximately 20-30 high quality publicly traded REIT and real estate related entities. The Fund is currently available at Schwab, TD Ameritrade and Pershing, and we are pleased to announce that the Fund was recently made available at UBS Wealth Management.
For more information on the Chilton Realty Income and Growth Fund, call 800 207-7108. Financial professionals only can call HRC Fund Associates, LLC ("HRC"), Member FINRA/SIPC, at 800 213-3080. HRC is the affiliated broker-dealer of Liberty Street Advisors.
About Liberty Street Advisors
Liberty Street Advisors, Inc. offers investors mutual funds which are sub-advised by third party boutique independent managers who possess a particular expertise in their space. Importantly, in creating a mutual fund, Liberty Street is unconstrained and un-conflicted in its selection of the investment strategies and sub-advisors. Through its selective multi-manager family of funds, Liberty Street provides access to timely investment strategies designed to help investors and financial advisors meet the challenges of today's market environment. With $2.4 billion in assets under management as of February 28, 2014, Liberty Street is the advisor to the Center Coast MLP Focus Fund, the Capital Innovations Global Agri, Timber, Infrastructure Fund, the Horizon Spin-off & Corporate Restructuring Fund, and the Toroso Newfound Tactical Allocation Fund.
About Chilton Capital Management, LP
Chilton Capital Management, LP is a SEC registered investment advisor headquartered in Houston, Texas with $1.2 billion under management as of December 31, 2013. Founded in 1996, Chilton manages equities and fixed income for institutions, foundations, endowments, family office, and high net worth individuals. Chilton consists of 28 employees, which includes a 7 member investment team.
Publicly Traded REITs are exempt from Federal income tax, but must derive 80% of their revenue from leases and distribute 90% of their taxable net income as dividends to qualify. Similar to traditional equities, REITs are traded on large stock exchanges and their dividends appear on a 1099-DIV. They make an attempt to invest in higher quality commercial real estate, and assets now total over $1 trillion. The 140+ Equity REITs today span 14 property type sectors and hold properties across the United States and, to a lesser extent, the world. REITs anticipate growing their earnings internally through redevelopment and re-leasing, and externally through development and acquisitions.
Before investing you should carefully consider the Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. This and other information is in the prospectus, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting your financial advisor or calling 800 207 7108. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest in the Fund.
RISK AND OTHER DISCLOSURES:
An investment in the Chilton Realty Income & Growth Fund is subject to risk, including the possible loss of principal amount invested and including, but not limited to, the following risks, which are more fully described in the prospectus:
- The Fund invests in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which involve additional risks compared to those from investments in common stock. REITs are dependent upon management skills; generally may not be diversified; and are subject to heavy cash flow dependency, defaults by borrowers, self-liquidation, and tax risks.
- Investments in REITs involve risks including, but not limited to, market risk, interest rate risk, equity risk and risks related to the real estate market.
- The Fund will be closely linked to the performance of the real estate markets. The Real Estate industry is subject to certain market risks such as property revaluations, interest rate fluctuations, rental rate fluctuations and operating expenses, increasing vacancies, rising construction costs and potential modifications to government regulations.
- REITs are subject to declines in the value of real estate as it relates to general and local economic conditions and decreases in property revenues. Continued disruptions in the financial markets and deteriorating economic conditions could adversely affect the value of the Fund's investments.
- As a non-diversified fund, the Fund may focus its assets in the securities of fewer issuers, which exposes the Fund to greater market risk than if its assets were diversified among a greater number of issuers.
- The Fund's investments will be concentrated in the real estate sector. The focus of the Fund's portfolio on a specific sector may present more risks than if the portfolio were broadly diversified over numerous sectors.
- Foreign investment risk. These risks include currency fluctuations, economic or financial instability, lack of timely or reliable financial information or unfavorable political or legal developments. Foreign companies are generally subject to different legal and accounting standards than U.S. companies.
- The Fund invests in small and mid-cap real estate companies, which may involve less trading and, therefore, a larger impact on a stock's price than customarily associated with larger, more established company stocks.
- The Fund is newly organized and has no operating history. As a result, prospective investors have no track record or history on which to base their investment decisions.
- In order to qualify for the favorable tax treatment generally available to regulated investment companies, the Fund must satisfy certain diversification requirements. The Fund's strategy of investing in a relatively small number of securities may cause it inadvertently to fail to satisfy the diversification requirements. If the Fund were to fail to qualify as a regulated investment company, it would be taxed in the same manner as an ordinary corporation, and distributions to its shareholders would not be deductible by the Fund in computing its taxable income.
The Fund may not be suitable for all investors. We encourage you to consult with appropriate financial professionals before considering an investment in the Fund.
Distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC. www.foreside.com