SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 15, 2012) - LifeApps Digital Media Inc. (the "Company") (OTCBB: LFAP) (OTCQB: LFAP), an emerging growth company and designer of apps and next-generation social networks for sports, health, fitness and entertainment enthusiasts, today announced a recent corporate update and outlook for the remainder of 2012 and early 2013.
Recent Corporate Milestones:
- LifeApps, a Nevada corporation, achieved public company status through a reverse merger with the Company, formerly "Prime Time Travel, Inc.," a Delaware corporation, on September 20, 2012. In conjunction with the merger, the Company underwent a 15:1 forward stock split and corporate name change to LifeApps Digital Media Inc. to reflect its new business. The Company's common stock is now traded under the ticker "LFAP" on the OTCBB and OTCQB, with CUSIP number 53190A106.
- Contemporaneously with the reverse merger, the Company successfully raised $1.2 million through a private offering of 6,000,000 units, with each unit consisting of one share of the Company's common stock and a five-year warrant to purchase one common share at an exercise price of $1.00.
- LifeApps' historical products have achieved significant success, including MDWorkout.com, recognized as a Top 5 app in the Health and Fitness genre of the Apple iTunes store in December 2011, and YogaWorkout.com, a popular app featuring numerous yoga exercises. During the 2011 year-end holiday season, these two apps achieved 35,000 downloads and 60,000 downloads, respectively, within a few days following special promotional periods, a significant number of downloads for such a short timeframe.
Strategic Initiatives in 2012 and Early 2013:
- Freshly capitalized, LifeApps is deploying a series of strategic initiatives and new product offerings to enhance its apps and digital magazine across numerous mobile and tablet devices. These products include:
- 1) YouWorkout: YouWorkout is a quarterly digital magazine designed specifically for iPad Newsstand, Kindle Fire and Android tablet devices. First launched during the 2012 Summer Olympics, a revamped version of application and Issue #2 of the digital magazine are scheduled to be released by early November 2012.
- 2) MDWorkout.com: MDWorkout.com is an iPhone app that features over 70 exercises written and demonstrated by medical doctors (MDs), certified personal trainers and yoga instructors. MDWorkout.com is being completely revamped from the ground up to take advantage of the latest graphical and social media tools of iOS 6 and the expanded screen size of the new iPhone 5. The revamped version of MDWorkout.com is expected to launch in late 2012.
- 3) SoccerWorkout: SoccerWorkout will be launched as a new full-featured subscription service featuring US Women's National Team two-time gold medalist Rachel Buehler, offering her latest soccer drills and techniques. This paid subscription app will guide users through a comprehensive skills and drills program using a media rich training environment that will take them from the basics to advanced techniques in soccer. SoccerWorkout is expected to be launched in early 2013.
"As LifeApps enters its next stage of growth, we are extremely pleased to announce our new public company status and our successful raise of $1.2 million," said Robert Gayman, CEO of LifeApps Digital Media Inc. "With this fresh infusion of capital we look forward to deploying a series of strategic initiatives to enhance our digital media offerings across numerous platforms, including the iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and Android devices."
Mr. Gayman continued, "Over the next several months we will be announcing various enhanced and revamped product offerings, as well as completely new product launches. As a public company, we will be increasing our communication with our new shareholders and the investment community at large and we look forward to continuing our string of positive news and business updates as we move into the remainder of 2012 and beyond."
About LifeApps Digital Media Inc.
LifeApps Digital Media Inc. (OTCBB: LFAP) (OTCQB: LFAP), an emerging growth company, is a designer of sports, health, fitness and entertainment publications and next-generation social networks. As part of its various product launches, the company is becoming a leading authorized developer, publisher and licensee on Apple iOS -- iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices. Through LifeApps' multi-sport and fitness offerings, including its latest digital magazine app, YouWorkout, subscribers benefit from the expertise of top-tier sports physicians, performance fitness trainers and professional athletes.
For more information about LifeApps and its latest digital media offerings, please visit: www.youworkout.com.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as that term is used under the federal securities laws. Such statements may be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "future," "may," "will," "would," "should," "plan," "projected," "intend," and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause LifeApps' actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated, including risks and uncertainties relating to the Company's business, product development, marketing and distribution plans and strategies. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") including the Company's current report on Form 8-K relating to the reverse merger filed with the SEC on September 25, 2012. The Company does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements.