BOXBOROUGH, MA--(Marketwired - Jul 5, 2016) - Lightower Fiber Networks, the premier provider of custom, high-capacity network services that ensure optimal application and business performance, announced that it has acquired Datacenter101 -- a best-in-class data center provider in Columbus, Ohio. Datacenter101 is strategically located in downtown Columbus at 101 East Tower Street. The facility is expertly engineered for redundancy, reliability, and scalability for small, medium and large businesses within the region. Datacenter101 offers both enterprise-class data center services as well as carrier-class colocation services.
Datacenter101's next-generation data center is built to meet all industry standards, with all power, networking, and critical systems designed to N+1 architecture, ensuring no single points of failure. The state-of-the-art data center offers seamless connectivity to a diversified group of service providers, as well as access to Lightower's all-fiber network and its 15,000+ service locations throughout the Midwest, Northeast, and Mid-Atlantic. With flexible cage and cabinet options, the facility offers scalable and customizable enterprise and carrier options.
"Datacenter101's facility is located in an essential connectivity point within Columbus, Ohio and this acquisition further emphasizes Lightower's commitment to supporting and investing in the Ohio marketplace," commented Rob Shanahan, CEO of Lightower. "We have seen tremendous demand for data center and networking services within the Columbus region. We look forward to pairing the data center needs of customers, with Lightower's all-fiber, high performance networking services, for a complete end-to-end solution."
The new Lightower data center offers:
- Approximately 10,000 sq. ft. of premier data center space offering scalable and customizable leases of cages and cabinets
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and systems
- A commitment to environmentally-friendly colocation strategies
- Downtown Columbus location that is easily accessed via any major freeway
- 24/7 access and security, with real-time critical systems monitoring
- N+1 power and UPS, N+1 cooling, both highly scalable
- Customers have access to the entire Lightower Network including 15,000+ service locations, 250+ data centers, 40+ financial exchanges, and 500+ carrier hotels and central offices
- Customers have access to the entire portfolio of Lightower networking services and solutions, including Ethernet, wavelengths, dark fiber, private networks, Internet access, cloud connectivity, video transport, and more
With over 30,000 miles of fiber network in 17 states across the Midwest, Northeast, and Mid-Atlantic, Lightower has the most dense all-fiber network and fiber-connected building count of any broadband service provider in the area. Lightower offers all-fiber networking solutions from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps, in addition to dark fiber.
To learn more, please visit www.lightower.com, or call 888-LT-FIBER. Follow Lightower on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Lightower Fiber Networks
Lightower Fiber Networks is the premier provider of all-fiber, high-performance networking solutions delivered over our own network, enabling award-winning customer support and service reliability. Lightower delivers customized solutions to thousands of customers in health care, financial services, media and content, cloud infrastructure, carriers, government, education, and other large enterprises. The Lightower Network extends over 30,000 route miles throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest, providing dense connectivity to over 15,000 service locations including 250+ data centers and 5,000+ wireless towers. For more information, visit www.lightower.com or call 1.888.LT.FIBER.