Lions Investment Management Ltd.

August 10, 2011 17:18 ET

Lions Investment Management Ltd.: News Release

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 10, 2011) - Lions Investment Management Ltd., the manager and portfolio advisor of the Lions Diversified Strategies Fund and Lions Diversified Strategies OM Fund (the "Funds"), announced that on June 30, 2011 Lions Capital Corp. agreed to divest of its stake in Lions Investment Management, resulting in Travis Dowle holding 100% of the firm's outstanding shares. In addition, on August 9, 2011, Maxam Capital Corp. agreed to make a significant investment in Lions Investment Management. Upon closing of Maxam's investment, Maxam will hold voting rights attributable to 70% of the issued and outstanding shares of Lions Investment Management, with the remaining 30% continuing to be held by Travis Dowle.

As part of the transaction with Maxam Capital Corp., Lions Investment Management will change its name to "Maxam Investment Management Ltd." and the Lions Diversified Strategies Fund and Lions Diversified Strategies OM Fund will also change their names to align with the Maxam brand.

Although these transactions will result in a change of control of Lions Investment Management, they will not result in any changes to the day-to-day business and operations of Lions Investment Management or the Funds, and Travis Dowle, the founder of Lions Investment Management, will continue to be responsible for managing the assets of the Funds. The transaction with Maxam will provide Lions Investment Management with an important partner to assist it with the continued growth and development of its business.

Maxam Capital Corp. is the largest shareholder of the general partner of Maxam Opportunities Fund LP and Maxam Opportunities Fund (International) LP (together, the "Maxam Funds"). The Maxam Funds consist of a $101 million pool of capital for opportunistic structured investments including mezzanine loans, bridge loans and private equity investments. Maxam Capital Corp. is owned indirectly by Sean Morrison and Johnny Ciampi.

This transaction is subject to receipt of certain required regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close on or about October 31, 2011.

Contact Information

  • Lions Investment Management Ltd.
    Travis Dowle, CFA
    President & Fund Manager
    604-895-7451
    jtdowle@lionsim.cmo