BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - May 22, 2014) - The first video-chat-for-a-cause platform, Wizeo, officially launched today. Wizeo is designed to raise funds and awareness for nonprofits by connecting the world's most inspiring people ("Wizzes") with their community of fans through live video chats.
Wizeo's unique model marries two major trends, crowdfunding and live video, motivating fans to donate any amount by rewarding them with access to exclusive interaction with the world's most inspiring people. All donors get access to a live interactive group video chat, with one lucky supporter winning the ultimate prize via a randomized drawing: a one-on-one live video chat with their Wiz.
"Influencers and experts have a story to tell and we have an audience that's listening," said Guy Bauman, Wizeo Co-Founder and CEO. "We created Wizeo so that people everywhere have the opportunity to experience live interaction with the notable individuals they're curious about, while at the same time supporting causes that make our world better."
Campaigns are added continuously and some notable Wizzes already engaged include:
- George Newbern, Television and Film Actor - supporting the Gary Sinise Foundation
- Alan Dershowitz, Lawyer and author - supporting Combined Jewish Philanthropies
- Peter Greenberg, Emmy winning Travel Editor for CBS News - supporting Operation USA
- Nanette Lepore, American Fashion Designer - supporting She's the First
- Ayelet Waldman, Author of "Love and Treasure" - supporting ScholarMatch
- Refugee All Stars, a reggae-inflected band from West Africa - supporting Schools for Salone
- Miguel Ferrer, Television and Film Actor - supporting Best Friends Animal Society
- Avram Grant, former manager of Chelsea Football Club - supporting One World Futbol Project
- Keltie Knight, Correspondent for The Insider - supporting To Write Love On Her Arms
- Dan Ariely, Behavioral Economist and Bestselling Author - supporting Educating for Excellence
"Wizeo's video fundraising model offers a rich, rewarding experience for both supporters and the 'Wiz' while liberating non-profits from extra fundraising costs and tasks," says Bauman.
Wizeo's patent-pending, end-to-end platform offers nonprofits robust digital fundraising capabilities, including campaign hosting, social amplification, and a campaign performance and awareness analytics dashboard. The web-based platform supports unlimited viewers and features high quality video and audio accessible from any web browser, without the need to download software or install plugins.
"Our interactive platform enables users to submit questions to Wizzes and upvote these questions in real-time. This creates and sustains the crowdsourced interview process, something all participants find truly unique and memorable," says Bauman.
Wizeo has recently completed a Seed Round from Mesco, Ltd., angel investor in a number of crowdsourcing, social marketing and community-based companies including Greenfield Online, uTest, Estimize and Offerpop.
To participate, users can visit Wizeo at www.wizeo.me and simply join by logging in through their email, Facebook or Google+ account.
For the latest news and announcements, follow Wizeo on Facebook and Twitter.
Wizeo is a live video crowdfunding platform providing individuals meaningful engagement and experiences with top influencers ("Wizzes") worldwide. Wizeo was created to change the way people give by connecting Wizzes to their fans, with the goal of experiencing meaningful connections and raising money and awareness for worthy causes. For more information on Wizeo, visit wizeo.me and follow on Facebook and Twitter.