VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - July 6, 2012) - LOTTO MAX fever continues to spread across the province and country. Until 6 p.m., Friday, July 6, lottery players can buy their tickets for the chance to win the $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpot as well as 50 MAXMILLIONS draws of $1 million.
"It's great to feel the excitement building across B.C. and Canada - LOTTO MAX, Canada's newest national lottery game, is hugely popular and for good reason," said Kevin Gass, VP of Lottery Gaming at BCLC. "Every single LOTTO MAX ticket sold is automatically entered into the draw for $100 million in total jackpot prizes; this truly is an exceptional opportunity for our lottery players."
"With so many opportunities to become a millionaire…even if you're not a regular lottery player, now's the time to try it out and buy a ticket for a chance to win big!"
So far LOTTO MAX sales in B.C. are up 20% over last week, with a great surge yesterday, increasing 58% over the previous Thursday. It's anticipated 40% of all LOTTO MAX sales will happen today, with the biggest peaks during the lunch hour and afternoon when lottery retailers are expected to process up to 1000 transactions per minute.
This is the largest LOTTO MAX prize total in Canadian history, tipping the scales at $100 million! Only once before has a Canadian lottery game come close to a prize amount of this size. In June 2010, a $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpot was accompanied by 49 MAXMILLIONS.
- Draws held every Friday night.
- A $5 ticket features three chances to win.
- Tickets can be purchased until 6 p.m. (PT) on the day of the draw.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning a LOTTO MAX jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are one in 28,633,528 per play.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- When the LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 million, prizes of $1 million MAXMILLIONS are added.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION prize.
Group release forms for office pools or groups can be obtained at lottery retailers or bclc.com.
LOTTO MAX can be played at any Lotto and Lotto Express retailer or at PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found at bclc.com following each draw.
Since LOTTO MAX was first introduced in 2009, we've paid out millions of dollars to prize winners.
BIGGEST LOTTO MAX PRIZES WON IN B.C.:
- $50 million - won in Vancouver in October, 2010
- $35.7 million - won in Campbell River in May, 2011
- $30 million - won in Abbotsford in April, 2012
- $25 million - won in Surrey in February, 2010
- $16.6 million - won in Atlin in February, 2012
- $9.5 million - won in Houston in March, 2010
- $9.5 million - won in Abbotsford in March, 2010
MOST REMOTE COMMUNITY IN B.C. WITH A MAJOR JACKPOT WIN:
- Atlin: A $16.6 million LOTTO MAX jackpot was won in February 2012.
LOTTO MAX FACTS:
- Odds of winning a jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are 1:28,633,528.
- Twelve $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpots have been won in Canada since the game launched in 2009.
- The number '34' has been drawn the most times in all LOTTO MAX draws.
NUMBER OF MAXMILLION WINNERS IN B.C. TO DATE: 43
LARGEST GROUP TO CLAIM A MAXMILLION JACKPOT:
- A group of 41 co-workers in Richmond shared a $1 million MAXMILLION win on May 10, 2011.
LOTTERY SALES VS JACKPOT WINS:
Regional Shares of Total National Sales, Jackpot Wins and Total Wins
||% OF TOTAL SALES
||% OF JACKPOT WINS
||% OF TOTAL WINS
BCLC is a provincial Crown Corporation that offers socially responsible gaming entertainment while generating income that benefits all British Columbians. Last year, more than $1 billion generated by BCLC gambling activities went back into health care, education and community groups across B.C.