SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 28, 2013) - Lyatiss®, a software company providing application defined networking (ADN) solutions for the cloud, today announced the public beta launch of its first product, CloudWeaver® for Amazon Web Services users. CloudWeaver is the only intuitive orchestration tool that integrates network resources with other services to deliver better cloud infrastructure control and performance optimization. With CloudWeaver, users gain greater awareness into the factors impacting their cloud deployment, along with the tools that enable the network to automatically and dynamically adapt to cloud application needs. These unique capabilities help ensure maximum availability, performance and differentiation for cloud-based applications.
"As cloud applications incorporate rich services -- video, gaming, real-time collaboration and big data -- businesses deploying these mission-critical applications will run into a variety of issues, including unpredictable latencies and potentially disastrous cascading effects from bottlenecks, failures and cloud outages. In addition, they'll experience wasted capacity and spiraling costs resulting from overprovisioning," said Pascale Vicat-Blanc, CEO of Lyatiss. "Software defined networking (SDN) is not sufficient to address the predictability and performance issues encountered in current cloud applications, nor can it meet the need for infrastructure differentiation and software control. Instead, evolving to a complementary ADN solution, like CloudWeaver, will be required."
Unlike SDN, which focuses on controlling the forwarding of individual packets within the network infrastructure, ADN orchestrates application flows -- or the actual sequences of information exchanged. ADN accelerates and streamlines movement of data throughout the entire virtual infrastructure of each application. With ADN, applications can adapt their networking environments, using APIs, so that application delivery and performance across public and private cloud networks are optimized, without compromising application portability or security.
With CloudWeaver, Lyatiss now offers the only ADN environment that focuses on programming and optimizing cloud applications' virtual networked pool of resources to increase predictability and performance, while ensuring application uptime and optimizing operational efficiency.
Improving the Cloud Experience with CloudWeaver
Unlike traditional siloed monitoring solutions for the cloud -- which are centered on servers or on network performance management -- CloudWeaver provides a comprehensive framework that helps users continuously adapt the cloud infrastructure to application needs to deliver optimal performance. With CloudWeaver, users are able to gain full insight into the underlying topology, capacity, usage and vulnerability of a cloud deployment; anticipate congestion and fix bottlenecks, maximize resource utilization according to flow patterns and minimize infrastructure costs.
CloudWeaver's intelligent platform enables users to:
- Map. Users can see where their virtual resources are located and how they are organized, how devices are talking to each other, and where hot spots and bottlenecks are being built up.
- Build. Users can locate resources by selecting a provider and a region, provision and configure network services, interconnect easily and orchestrate heterogeneous resources. As a result, users can optimize and accelerate their cloud sourcing and avoid over or under-provisioning, as well as misconfigurations.
- Operate. Users can have a better understanding of end-to-end performance and follow up on activities in terms of throughput and latency, and set up alerts to signal failures and path capacity limitations.
- Analyze. Users can determine if and where the cloud network is inadequately provisioned or congested, if resources are properly located and configured, if jobs are well placed, and identify which component is responsible for increased latency. CloudWeaver also can anticipate problems, such as bottlenecks or cascading effect of undetected failures.
- Fix. Users can fix failures, as well as provisioning or configuration issues, in minutes and activate the appropriate remediation workflows in a single click.
- Program. Users can automatically capture the cloud network code in an XML-based virtual infrastructure description language (VXDL) so they can reuse or modify it offline. CloudWeaver also enables users to intuitively define minimum and maximum performance standards, program and enforce action plans for when those standards are not met.
With CloudWeaver's intelligent platform, users can see where their virtual resources are located, how they are organized, how devices are talking to one another, and where hotspots and bottlenecks are occurring. CloudWeaver then helps users optimize and accelerate their cloud sourcing and avoid over- or under-provisioning, as well as misconfigurations, because it enables users to locate resources, provision and configure network services, interconnect and combine resources. Once a cloud network is built, operation is improved because CloudWeaver provides users with an intuitive understanding of end-to-end performance, and sets up alerts to signal failures and path capacity limitations. CloudWeaver also helps users analyze their network configurations, define minimum and maximum performance standards, and enforce action plans when those standards are not met.
"Kwarter relies on Amazon Web Services for our second screen gaming platform which requires a dynamic infrastructure that can adapt to the scale broadcast networks demand," said Dustin Whittle, CTO. "CloudWeaver enables us to easily and efficiently evaluate our cloud infrastructure under various load conditions. CloudWeaver is an end-to-end solution that gathers, digests, and correlates all of the information we need to scale in real time based on demand. We are able to fine tune our infrastructure to deliver optimal service levels without over provisioning our resources and spending hours in testing and troubleshooting."
"As use of the cloud continues to accelerate, we're seeing increasing enthusiasm in taking full advantage of the flexibility inherent in cloud computing, whether it's on the level of individual nodes or entire networks, to maximize agility and performance," said Donnie Berkholz, analyst at RedMonk Research. "Today's cloud-based applications are often multi-tier, redundant, and scalable, and a need exists to help developers and companies take full advantage of this new class of software architecture. CloudWeaver targets this need by enabling cloud-based applications to orchestrate and optimize their own infrastructures."
CloudWeaver is now available online for public beta testing. The commercial version of CloudWeaver will be available at the end of Q1 2013 with pricing based on scale.
Lyatiss (www.lyatiss.com) is a software company pioneering Application Defined Networking (ADN) solutions that offer smart networking analytics and capabilities to cloud infrastructure users. The company's first solution, CloudWeaver, powers elastic networking and a holistic optimization of interconnected resources for better performance and improved cloud experience. Lyatiss is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., with an office in Lyon, France.