BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Jun 20, 2012) - Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that Maaii, Limited, a leading integrated communications application service provider based in Hong Kong, has deployed Acme Packet's Net-Net® Session Director session border controllers (SBCs) to support its global over-the-top (OTT) communications service. The flexible and scalable solution provides high-performance Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) security and interoperability functions for high-definition voice and instant messaging mobile apps on both iOS and Android™ devices, while laying the foundation for future applications such as interactive video and other rich media communications services.
- Maaii chose Acme Packet's Net-Net Session Director for both its access and interconnect network borders on the company's IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)-based OTT network. The complete project will include over 100 SBCs worldwide.
- China has the most smartphone users in the world. Maaii's innovative SIP-based applications will enable vast numbers of mobile and Internet users to enjoy a flexible new communications method in a highly secure and cost-effective manner.
- Session border controllers mitigate the complex interoperability, security and reliability issues that can hamper OTT initiatives and lead to protracted service rollouts and lost revenue.
- The Net-Net Session Director's comprehensive protocol interworking and normalization capabilities streamline service deployment and accelerate time-to-market by enabling straightforward integration with other infrastructure elements and with diverse SIP endpoints.
- The solution's extensive security feature set mitigates risks, safeguards user confidentiality, and ensures high service availability by protecting against system overloads and malicious attacks as well as by encrypting signaling and media streams.
- The Net-Net Session Director enables multiple SIP-based services including interactive HD voice, instant messaging, push video and photo advertisements, as well as future rich media communications services.
- The Net-Net Session Director can extend Maaii's OTT service to anywhere on any devices quickly over the Internet.
- Rapid time-to-market for new IMS-based OTT service that supports many millions of users
- Straightforward integration with other infrastructure elements and diverse SIP endpoints
- Significant cost savings with scalable, interoperable solution
- Secure and reliable communications, with protection against denial of service attacks and service overloads
"We are very pleased to leverage Acme Packet technology as the cornerstone of the Maaii global secure voice access network," said Raymond Cheung, CEO of Maaii. "Delivering enhanced communications services through mobile applications introduces a variety of security and interoperability challenges. We chose Acme Packet because of the rich functionality and scalability of its session border controllers, as well as the company's impressive track record of enabling trusted, high-quality interactive IP communications services."
"Our SBCs accelerate Maaii's service deployment, enabling them to quickly address the massive market of Android and iOS users around the world," said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. "Maaii is extremely attractive to the 66 million Chinese citizens who travel abroad every year, and seek a more affordable way to call back home."
More about Maaii, Limited and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, Maaii, VoIP, voice over IP, IMS, IP Multimedia Subsystem, over-the-top, OTT, rich communication services, RCS, voice, video, mobile, applications, session border controller, SBC, DoS, denial of service, DDoS, distributed denial of service, cloud
About Maaii, Limited
Maaii is a free mobile communications app for iOS and Android devices that combines voice calls, instant messaging & social network integration. Maaii users can register with their mobile number and make free calls to other Maaii users, or call mobile and landline numbers worldwide with MaaiiOut™. Maaii focuses on three areas of business: iOS and Android applications marketed to consumers worldwide; hosted and co-branded applications offered from the cloud as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings marketed to partners and service providers around the world; and an open platform that empowers third party developers to build HD voice-enabled applications that run atop the global Maaii network.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 220 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,600 customers in 107 countries have deployed over 16,000 Acme Packet systems, including 88 of the top 100 service providers and 41 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, expected financial and operating results, expected growth rates, future stock-based compensation and amortization expenses, future business prospects and market conditions. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These include, but are not limited to: the amount of stock-based compensation awarded; the applicable Company stock price used to determine stock-based compensation; the exercise pattern of employee stock options; difficulties expanding the Company's customer base; difficulties leveraging market opportunities; difficulties providing solutions that meet the needs of customers; poor product sales; long sales cycles; difficulties developing new products; difficulties in relationships with vendors and partners; higher risks in international operations; difficulties managing rapid growth; difficulties managing the Company's financial performance; the ability to hire and retain employees and appropriately staff operations; the Company's cash needs; the impact of new accounting pronouncements and increased competition. Additional factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.