SOURCE: Majesco Entertainment
EDISON, NJ--(Marketwire - Oct 25, 2012) - Delivering engrossing, puzzle-based mobile gameplay, Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of games for the mass market, today launched Legends of Loot for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices, available now on the App Store and Google Play™. A role-playing dungeon-crawler, Legends of Loot sets players on an enthralling journey through a series of engaging mazes and gripping quests to save the kingdom and become a great explorer.
"Legends of Loot is a fast-paced, fun -- and funny -- adventure game," said Jeffrey Anderson, senior vice president of social and mobile games, Majesco Entertainment. "Players will experience the same kind of robust content and dynamic action they'll find in any Majesco title, but with the on-the-go accessibility of a mobile game."
Legends of Loot features include:
- Twisting Mazes, Mind-Bending Puzzles and Treacherous Traps - Players must use their wits to solve puzzles and ensnare enemies while exploring and plundering nearly 100 mazes spread across iconic Egyptian, Medieval, Mayan and Asian regions.
- Be the Hero, Vanquish Enemies, Save the Day - Using a variety of touch-screen gestures and the device's accelerometer to attack, parry, shield or dodge, players' skills are put to the test as they try to master Legends of Loot's intuitive yet challenging first-person combat mechanic.
- Stand Out From the Crowd - Players can outfit their hero with the latest fashions made up of unique and quirky weapons, armor and magical items, setting them apart from their Legends of Loot friends.
- Bet Big, Win Bigger - Bold players can wager in-game gold on skill-based level challenges. A wealth of treasure is up for grabs if they can beat the odds.
- Keep in Touch - Players can connect with each other by using the in-game calendar to keep track of their friends' progress and get notifications on special events.
In Legends of Loot the game's protagonist faces off against evil dragon overlords that are plaguing the once serene nation. Starting from humble beginnings, players quickly develop into grand adventurers as they uncover hoards of gold, rare crystals and ancient artifacts in an effort to restore peace to the countryside. With nearly one hundred mazes spread across a multitude of picturesque regions, players can use a variety of touch-screen gestures and the accelerometer to attack, parry, shield or dodge to lure enemies into fiendish traps. Using their wits and skills to solve puzzles, clever players will accrue massive rewards for adept action and can compare high scores with their friends on the integrated OpenFeint network.
The Legends of Loot App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://itunes.com/apps/legendsofloot. The game is also available on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.majescoentertainment.legendsofloot. For more information, please visit www.LegendsofLoot.com. For assets, including screenshots and trailers, please visit GamesPress.
About Majesco Entertainment Company
Majesco Entertainment Company is a provider of video games for the mass market. Building on more than 20 years of operating history, the company is focused on developing and publishing a wide range of casual and family oriented video games on all leading console and handheld platforms as well as online, social networks and mobile devices. Product highlights include Zumba® Fitness, Cooking Mama™, and NBA Baller Beats™. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol: COOL. Majesco is headquartered in Edison, NJ with offices in San Francisco, CA, Brockhampton, UK, and a social games development studio in Foxboro, MA. More info can be found online at http://www.majescoent.com/ or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/majesco.