SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 11, 2016) - MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry's only Converged Data Platform, today announced the featured speakers at Big Data Everywhere (BDE) San Francisco taking place on August 30. MapR will also host Big Data Everywhere events this month in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
BDE San Francisco will kickoff on Tuesday August 30 at 9:15 am with Jack Norris, SVP of Data and Applications at MapR, who will present on "Continuous Analytics: The Time is Now." In this session, Jack will discuss how to get value out of today's big and fast data and ways organizations should evolve beyond traditional analytic cycles that are heavy with data transformation and schema management.
Co-presented by MapR and Cisco, BDE San Francisco will also feature talks from leading industry experts including:
- "How We Built a Data Pipeline That Powers Billions of Transactions Every Day," Manny Puentes, CTO, Altitude Digital;
- "Cisco's Journey to Secure, Scale and Drive Value with Big Data," Piyush Bhargava, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco and Jag Kahlon, Sr. Architect for IT Infrastructure, Cisco;
- "Architecting the World's Largest Biometric Identity System Using Hadoop and NoSQL," Anoop Dawar, Vice President, MapR;
- "Preventing Brand Infringement Using a Converged Data Platform," Adam Hunt, Chief Data Scientist, RiskIQ;
- "Extending Open Source Big Data to the Enterprise with SAP HANA Vora," Balaji Krishna, Sr. Director of Product Management, SAP HANA Vora and;
- "How to Build a Successful Big Data Infrastructure by Leveraging the Hadoop Ecosystem," Kandarp Desai, Director of Engineering, Xactly
Big Data Everywhere (BDE) is a one-day conference that focuses on Hadoop, Spark and other big data technologies and brings together organizations and developers to share their experience via technical sessions and user success stories. Industry and technical experts will share their knowledge, share best practices, and discuss use cases and business applications.
MapR will also present at Big Data Everywhere Melbourne on August 22; and Big Data Everywhere Sydney on August 24.
Tweet this: .@MapR unveils speakers for #BigData Everywhere #SanFrancisco 2016. Follow the action with #BDE2016. http://bit.ly/2aM8fwG
About MapR Technologies
MapR enables organizations to create disruptive advantage and long-term value from their data with the industry's only Converged Data Platform, which delivers distributed processing, real-time analytics, and enterprise-grade requirements across cloud and on-premise environments-while leveraging the significant ongoing development in open source technologies including Spark and Hadoop. Organizations with the most demanding production needs, including sub-second response for fraud prevention, secure and highly available data-driven insights for better healthcare, petabyte analysis for threat detection, and integrated operational and analytic processing for improved customer experiences, run on MapR. A majority of customers achieves payback in fewer than 12 months and realizes greater than 5X ROI. MapR ensures customer success through world-class professional services and with free on-demand training that 50,000 developers, data analysts and administrators have used to close the big data skills gap. Amazon, Cisco, Google, HPE, Microsoft, SAP, and Teradata are part of the worldwide MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. Connect with MapR on LinkedIn, and Twitter.