IRVINE, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 30, 2012) - Martian Watches, an Irvine, California-based developer of unique personal wireless communication solutions, announced today that they have launched an expanded, redesigned web site at www.MartianWatches.com, as well as an online store and a social store on Facebook.
"The demand for Martian Watches has continued at an increasing rate beyond the end of our Kickstarter campaign," said Jeffrey Hsieh, CEO of Martian Watches. "We wanted to provide consumers the opportunity to learn more and pre-order their Martian Watches in a streamlined site with enhanced resources, and we feel that with the combination of our new product and shopping pages, easy navigation, and Facebook store, we have accomplished those goals."
The stylish Martian-branded "voice command watch" allows Android and iPhone users to talk, listen, be notified of incoming calls and texts, answer, reply, and initiate voice commands, all without their phones leaving their pocket or purse. The anticipated retail price of the watches will range from $199 to $299, but they are available at a special pre-order price for a limited time on https://store.martianwatches.com or at www.facebook.com/martianwatches.
Placing the Power of Communication on Your Wrist
Martian offers a host of features that both complement and enhance your smartphone experience, including:
- A noise-cancellation microphone and directional personal speaker to create the best possible communication experience in a wearable form factor.
- iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S users can talk to Siri from their Martian Watch, allowing them to send voice-to-text SMS messages, listen to text messages, control music, search the web, and initiate any other Siri command. With an iPhone 4 or 3GS, one can access the phone's integrated voice control function to place calls and control music.
- Android users will be able to converse with their phone's integrated voice command functions, and also have the ability to receive app notifications such as Facebook, Twitter and Weather.
- Incoming text notifications on Android phones, and iPhones that support iOS 6.
- The Martian Leash, which alerts the user if they leave their cell phone behind.
Three Fashionable Analog Styles
Martian Watches are available in 3 styles -- Passport, a classic, professional style; Victory, a larger, bolder design; or G2G, which comes in 4 vibrant colors plus white. All of the watches will have the same internal componentry, functionality, 2+-hour talk time, and always-on analog watch face that will run for up to 30 days on a single charge.
The Passport, Victory and G2G Watches also include an OLED caller ID display, vibration motor, and LED light to provide incoming call, text and event notifications. An integrated magnetometer and 3-axis accelerometer allow for future app development.
More details and technical specifications can be found at www.martianwatches.com.
About Martian Watches, Inc.
Founded in 2007, Martian Watches is an Irvine, California-based developer of unique personal wireless communication solutions that are reshaping how we communicate with friends, family and the world. The Martian engineering team has an extensive history in Bluetooth® development, having created the world's smallest system-on-chip solution for Bluetooth wireless systems in 2001 for Transilica Corporation. Martian creates its own products and its engineering lab has provided services to leading industry players, including AirTouch® Communications, Inc. In 2010, the Company successfully developed and marketed a new wireless technology platform under the brand Orange Dot Technologies that led to its first product, the SilverCare Personal Safety Alert Device, a two-way voice communication watch. SilverCare won numerous awards for its innovative concept and design, including the Hi-Tech Hardware Innovation Award from Tech America O.C.
The company's latest product, the Martian brand voice command watch, allows users to receive notifications and communicate directly through their watch, leaving their cell phone in a pocket or purse.