Maxam Capital Management Ltd.

Maxam Capital Management Ltd.

November 04, 2011 19:53 ET

Maxam Capital Management Ltd: News Release

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Nov. 4, 2011) - Maxam Capital Management Ltd. (formerly Lions Investment Management Ltd.) is pleased to announced the completion of Maxam Capital Corp.'s acquisition of a significant interest in Lions Investment Management Ltd., as previously announced on August 10, 2011. Maxam Capital Corp. now holds voting rights attributable to 70% of the issued and outstanding shares of Maxam Capital Management Ltd., with the remaining 30% held by Travis Dowle.

As part of the transaction with Maxam Capital Corp., Lions Investment Management Ltd. has changed its name to "Maxam Capital Management Ltd.", the Lions Diversified Strategies Fund has been renamed the Maxam Growth Strategies Fund and the Lions Diversified Strategies OM Fund will change its name to the Maxam Diversified Strategies Fund. Maxam Capital Management Ltd. is the manager and portfolio advisor of the Maxam Growth Strategies Fund and the Maxam Diversified Strategies Fund (the "Funds").

Mr. Dowle, the founder of Maxam Capital Management Ltd., will continue to be responsible for managing the assets of the Funds. The transaction with Maxam Capital Corp. provides Maxam Capital Management Ltd. with an important partner to assist it with the continued growth and development of its business. Sean Morrison, a director of Maxam Capital Corp., has been appointed to the board of directors of Maxam Capital Management Ltd. Greg Gutmanis, an employee of Maxam Capital Corp., has been appointed Chief Financial Officer and Secretary of Maxam Capital Management Ltd.

"We are very pleased to be working with Travis and look forward to helping him grow Maxam Capital Management Ltd. We believe the alternative investment strategies Travis employs will continue to create value for investors, especially in a volatile market," said Mr. Morrison.

"I am excited to be aligning with a strong partner that shares an opportunistic investment philosophy and has demonstrated a strong track record of success," said Mr. Dowle. "Together we look forward to offering investors exposure to unique investment strategies."

About Maxam Capital Management Ltd.

Maxam Capital Management Ltd. is an independent Vancouver-based fund management firm and is the manager and portfolio advisor of the Maxam Growth Strategies Fund and the Maxam Diversified Strategies Fund. Maxam Capital Management Ltd. was founded with the philosophy that an active, opportunistic and flexible approach to investing provides the best opportunity for the generation of long-term positive returns through a variety of market environments.

About Maxam Capital Corp.

Maxam Capital Corp. is the largest shareholder of the general partner of Maxam Opportunities Fund LP and Maxam Opportunities Fund (International) LP (together, the "Maxam Funds"). The Maxam Funds consist of a $101 million pool of capital for opportunistic structured investments including mezzanine loans, bridge loans and private equity investments. Maxam Capital Corp. is owned indirectly by Sean Morrison and Johnny Ciampi.

Contact Information

  • Maxam Capital Management Ltd.
    Travis Dowle, CFA
    President & Fund Manager
    604-678-6251