NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jul 25, 2012) - MEC Access, www.mecglobal.com, the leading sports, entertainment and cause marketing business, today launched a proprietary new research and analysis tool: Partnership Intelligence™.
Partnership Intelligence™ is a global research study and online tool that provides in-depth analysis into consumer interest, media consumption and attitudes towards partnership platforms including Sport, Music, the Arts, Film, TV programming and Cause and major global and local properties such as the Olympics or the Oscars. It also delivers an analysis of property attributes, enabling a comprehensive assessment of the potential fit of a property with a brand's own values.
Partnership Intelligence™ allows brands to:
1) See how a platform or property is perceived.
- The Olympics engages more people globally than any other property -- 51% like or love it. It ranks second in the US, with the Super Bowl in the top position reporting 61% like or love it.
2) Determine a platform/property's strengths and weaknesses.
- The Olympics has strong awareness and relevance in the US, with respondents reporting favourable opinions towards the event. They do, however, have a below average conversion of casual fans into avid fans. Properties like the Super Bowl and NCAA convert a much higher percentage of fans into super fans.
3) Compare a brand's attributes to a platform/property's attributes.
- Comparing the London 2012 Olympics to top US sporting events: the Olympics is perceived to be more brave, healthy and idealistic, whereas the Super Bowl is seen as assertive, adventurous and dynamic. NCAA score highest for fun and playful and The Masters for success, generous, desirable and trustworthy.
4) Identify the product categories that are of highest interest to those engaged with a property.
- 58% of respondents globally that "like" or "love" the Olympics are interested in travel, 52% in fashion and 48% in consumer electronics.
5) Assess media consumption habits across properties.
- In the US, 16% of respondents plan to watch the Olympics live online. Another 19% will view online video highlights and 5% will view clips via a mobile device.
Jennifer Hageney, Managing Director, MEC Access across US, said, "Given the growing importance and increasing investment in partnerships in the US and around the world, the need for robust analysis to aid decision-making is paramount. Partnership Intelligence genuinely delivers strategic leadership to brands that want to better leverage their partnerships and drive value throughout their communications strategies. The information we can gather from it, for example showing potential sponsors which properties are most likely to drive maximum sales for their brands, is ground breaking and positions MEC Access as a truly valued business partner for its clients."
About the research
- The research covers the following 17 markets: Australia, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, USA and the UK
- Analysed over 100 platforms/properties within each market
- Sample size: 1500 per market
- Fieldwork undertaken April 2012
To find out how Partnership Intelligence™ can help your brand, please contact: Jennifer Hageney, Managing Director, MEC Access, Jennifer.Hageney@mecglobal.com
MEC delivers value by creating, implementing and measuring communication solutions that actively engage people with brands. Media planning and buying ~ Digital media ~ Mobile ~ Search ~ Performance marketing ~ Social media ~ Analytics and Insight ~ Sport, Entertainment & Cause ~ Multi-cultural ~ Content ~ Retail ~ Integrated planning.
Our 4,500 highly talented and motivated people work with domestic and international clients in 84 countries. We are a founding partner of GroupM. To find out more, visit us at www.mecglobal.com.