NEW ORLEANS, LA--(Marketwire - Mar 4, 2013) - Medecision, the leader in connected care solutions, announced today that it has expanded its care management solution, Aerial™, to deliver a platform for profitable and effective population health management. The extended offering includes applications to empower any healthcare entity using any model of care management and care coordination, with the platform to "connect care everywhere" in support of collaborative clinical decision-making, seamless transitions of care, risk management, and operational and financial alignment. The Company debuts the expanded platform this week at the HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) conference, March 3-7, 2013 in New Orleans.
Incorporating the technology and services gained through Medecision's recent acquisition of Cerecons, the expanded Aerial platform offers SaaS-based care coordination applications that extract and integrate clinical and financial data for use across the care chain -- enabling greater insight and control over the cost and quality of care. These proven solutions have an excellent track record of serving progressive ACOs and other risk-bearing organizations and are rapidly implemented in care delivery settings, quickly delivering efficient population and panel management and quality outcomes reporting.
"'Connected care everywhere' is here. The platform exists today to strengthen the vital connection between care teams and to fix our fragmented, inefficient healthcare system," said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO, Medecision. "Medecision is drawing on more than 10 years of experience within the walls of the care delivery system, and 25 years beyond, to deliver an expanded platform designed to help identify the need for intervention, coordinate care, ease cost pressures, and help achieve better outcomes -- across the care continuum."
At HIMSS, Medecision will debut the expansion of the Aerial platform to optimize care coordination and "connect care everywhere." Highlights:
- Aerial helps risk-bearing organizations understand baseline risk and costs to support a more effective action plan for population management. Those that rely on Aerial can better identify and manage patients with similar conditions as a group to improve care team efficiency and achieve cost reduction for disease specific cohorts. STARS and other quality program specific rules and alerts are delivered to the point of care to help optimize revenue potential.
- Aerial monitors and measures the effectiveness of internal operational processes and program investments. Dashboards keep key performance indicators, revenue, and profitability reporting at the ready. The real-time referral and authorization engine is easily configured to support healthcare organization rules and analytics identify patients that could most benefit from early intervention.
- Aerial supports strategies for avoiding reimbursement penalties and reducing readmission rates. Near real-time admission and discharge notifications to outpatient care coordination teams enable proactive and seamless transition care management and safer handoffs.
- Aerial eliminates the "search and scramble" for results and supports clinical integration -- across EMR systems. Users gain a 360 degree summary of all patient care including a full view of all lab results, meds, and treatments performed across the delivery system.
The platform has been proven at over 75 client entities and is backed by demonstrable outcomes in those settings. For example, organizations who have implemented Aerial have:
- Decreased hospital bed days by 9%
- Decreased diabetes annual cost per member by 7%
- Decreased ER visit costs by 11.5%
Experience Matters -- Meet the Trailblazers
Medecision will exhibit in booth #1031 at HIMSS13, March 3-7, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA. Meet the trailblazers who are making connected care work as they share experiences and outcomes associated with their implementations of a platform for profitable and effective population health management:
Monday, March 4, 2:00-2:30 pm CT
Brenda Radke, CEO, Brevard Physicians Network | Brevard, Florida
"Connecting Clinical and Financial Analytics to Improve Quality and Address Gaps in Care"
Drawing on her experience as CEO of Brevard Physicians Network, an Independent Practice Association (IPA) with more than 300 physicians, Radke will reveal strategies used to improve quality by addressing gaps in care and leveraging clinical and financial analytics.
Monday, March 4, 4:30-5:00 pm CT
Katherine Schneider, MD, MPhil, FAAFP
"Connected Care Q&A with Medecision's Chief Medical Officer"
Nationally known for her work in the field of accountable health and patient engagement, Dr. Schneider will call on her experiences as the former Chairman of the Board of the Accountable Care Organization and Senior Vice President of Health Engagement at AtlantiCare in New Jersey, her work to integrate chronic disease management into primary care at Middlesex Health System in Connecticut, and her appointment as a member of the National Advisory Council to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to host an open discussion on the holistic approach and alignment of integrated solutions to support care teams of the future needed to produce better outcomes, improve care experiences, and contain costs.
Tuesday, March 5, 10:00-10:30 am CT
Mike Patel, CIO / VP of Business Services, San Jose Medical Group | San Jose, California
"Connectivity at the Core of Provider Care Coordination"
With three specialty clinics and several affiliate locations, the San Jose Medical Group network is more than 200 physicians strong and includes contracts with several local hospitals. Patel will share insight into the challenges of provider care coordination across the system, arguing that healthcare information technology has the potential to enable connectivity and interoperability that will drive better patient care and improved patient outcomes.
To learn more about Medecision's solutions, schedule a meeting or demo with a Medecision representative, click here.
Medecision is the leading provider of connected care technology and services for risk-bearing healthcare organizations including health plans, hospitals, thousands of physicians, and millions of consumers. Working within the framework that patients, care providers, and health plans are all driving towards better health outcomes, Medecision and its Aerial™ solution helps connect all stakeholders to liberate the highest quality and most cost-efficient care.
As more organizations transition to accountable care and delegated risk management, Medecision continually applies its 25 years of experience, its comprehensive technology platforms, significant investments in research and development, and the broadest implementation and clinical expertise to ensure consumers receive the best possible care. With Medecision as a business partner, health plans and care providers confidently manage through market changes, regulatory updates, and new populations, while improving quality and reducing costs.