SOURCE: BMO Global Asset Management
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Feb 11, 2014) -
- Panel to provide macro investing outlook and impact of possible scenarios for U.S., Chinese and European economies
- Barry McInerney, Co-CEO, BMO Global Asset Management, will moderate discussion followed by Q&A for media
BMO Global Asset Management will be hosting a media call on Thursday, February 20th, to share their experts' insights on a variety of topics, including a macro overview of markets and specific investing strategies from portfolio managers focused on domestic, international, emerging and frontier markets.
The content of the call will, in part, be based on a recent BMO Global Asset Management Investing Forum involving its investment leadership team, during which the firm developed its multi-year, multi-scenario based profile of the global investment landscape.
The investment team identified three distinct macroeconomic scenarios with potential global implications:
- The West Rides Again - growth in the U.S. accelerates from its current slow pace and reaches "normal" levels. Meanwhile, Europe grows slowly as it emerges from the recent recession, while continuing to wrestle with internal challenges.
- Synchronized Growth - Europe and Japan strengthen along with the U.S., following the tendency of expansive fiscal and monetary policies to produce positive results.
- Broken China - rapid deceleration in Chinese growth is the catalyst of a renewed recession in Europe and Japan, and a near-recession in the United States.
The probability and outcome for each of these scenarios will be addressed in detail in a report that will be released in conjunction with the call. Media confirming their participation on the call will be the first to receive the report.
BMO Global Asset Management Media Call on 3-5 Year Global Investment Outlook
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Long-term macroeconomic market overview
- Long-term investing opportunities in equities and fixed income within domestic, international, emerging and frontier markets
- Potential scenarios for world's major economic powers and impact on investors
Barry McInerney, Co-CEO, BMO Global Asset Management (moderator)
Craig Rawlins, CIO, BMO Asset Management U.S.
Robert Lloyd George, Investment Chairman, Lloyd George Management
Tony Cousins, Chief Executive & Chief Investment Officer, Pyrford International
Scott Kimball, Portfolio Manager, Taplin, Canida and Habacht, LLC
Sandy Lincoln, Chief Market Strategist, BMO Asset Management U.S.
Thursday, February 20, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. ET
Media are invited to participate through conference call. Space is limited, so please RSVP for guaranteed participation
Dial-in number: (844) 706-3374
Conference ID: 16905704
Please contact Alexis Brown (email@example.com) or Nini Krishnappa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm attendance or if you have any questions.
About BMO Global Asset Management
BMO Global Asset Management is a global investment manager with more than $132 billion in assets under management, including discretionary and non-discretionary assets under management, and more than $162 billion in assets under administration as of October 31, 2013.
Our two multi-disciplined teams are based in Toronto and Chicago/Milwaukee, and our network of world-class boutique managers is strategically located across the globe. They include Monegy, Inc., Pyrford International Ltd., Lloyd George Management and Taplin, Canida & Habacht, LLC. BMO Global Asset Management delivers service excellence from offices throughout North America, and in London, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney. Our approach has led us to be recognized by Pension & Investments as one of the world's largest 100 asset managers based on combined assets under management as of December 31, 2012.
We are a part of BMO Financial Group (NYSE: BMO), a fully diversified financial services organization with C$537 billion total assets and more than 45,500 employees as of October 31, 2013.
BMO Global Asset Management is the brand name for various affiliated entities of BMO Financial Group that provide investment management, retirement, and trust and custody services. Certain of the products and services offered under the brand name BMO Global Asset Management are designed specifically for various categories of investors in a number of different countries and regions and may not be available to all investors. Products and services are only offered to such investors in those countries and regions in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. BMO Financial Group (NYSE: BMO), is a service mark of Bank of Montreal (BMO).
All investments involve risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Investment products are: Not FDIC Insured | No Bank Guarantee | May Lose Value
©2013 BMO Financial Corp.