OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 31, 2014) - His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will present a series of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Awards during a ceremony at Rideau Hall, on Monday, February 3, 2014, at 6 p.m.
On this occasion, His Excellency will deliver a speech on the importance of collaboration, learning and innovation, and will recognize the work of outstanding and highly promising scientists and engineers who are part of Canada's academic research community.
The following NSERC Awards will be presented during the ceremony:
- NSERC Gilles Brassard Doctoral Prize for Interdisciplinary Research
- NSERC André Hamer Postgraduate Prizes
- NSERC Howard Alper Postdoctoral Prize
- E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowships
- Synergy Awards for Innovation
- Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering
- NSERC John C. Polanyi Award
- Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering
The names of the award recipients will be announced on the day of the ceremony, in the morning. For more information on NSERC programs and awards, visit www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca.
Media wishing to cover the event are asked to confirm their attendance with the Rideau Hall Press Office, and must arrive at the Princess Anne Entrance no later than 5:45 p.m.
For more information about the NSERC Awards and the announcement of the recipients, please contact NSERC.